_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Campaigns
Group builds and online competetions. Join the fun!
Hosted by Darren Baker
Simple Diorama for my Warrior AFV
harryblack
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 12:53 AM UTC
I've just completed the Dragon Warrior AFV, so would like to mount it on a simple roadside Diorama, basically a road with curb stones and a concrete mount for a picture of Sadam. Could anyone point me to a similar topic or any advice on colour schemes etc would be much appreciated. I do have photos from when I was there in 2003 but I find it difficult to re create the scenes without advice on colours and methods. I look forward to any help/advice.
Martin
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 09:17 AM UTC
we basically are doing the same dio right now.. we just have different vehicles but the setting is the same..

chris pointed out a site that helped me find great scenes from the war.. check out my thread in this forum.. its about the iraqi freedom dio question.. he replied in somewhere there with a link...

i also posted a question in the painting forum bout it.. so just feel free to add on there and check out some of the answers and advices there.. its all about OIF...

arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
these iraqi structures are part of my wish list.. just got them from the net.. im drooling on them right now especially that resin saddam statue..

harryblack
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 02:20 PM UTC
The Statues look really good, I would really like to see the end result when you have completed your project. I have my own photos from Iraq as I was there in 2003. I took a picture of a of a concrete block with a great black and white image of Sadam at the side of the road so I would like to re create that using the picture from my camara. When it is complete I will add the pictures to my gallery.
Regards
Martin
 _GOTOTOP