1/72 German Half Track Sd.Kfz.251/10 Ausf.C w
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 03:28 AM UTC
Newly announced by Dragon
The Sd. Kfz. 251 halftrack was a highly successful design, with a bewildering array of variants produced during WWII. The 251/10, for example, was a halftrack equipped with a 3.7cm PaK 36 antitank gun. This small-caliber weapon designed by Rheinmetall first appeared in 1936, but by the time WWII broke out it was outdated and ineffective against more heavily armored enemy tanks. Thus, a number of these “door knockers” (as the gun was sometimes nicknamed by German troops) were mounted on the hull superstructure of some German halftracks to provide light and mobile anti-armor support.

Features:
-new one-piece 3.7cm PaK with hollow muzzle made by slide mold
-new roof plate for mounting AT gun
-armored shield with bolt detail
-gun cradle with accurate detail
-accurate gun shield stays and hand wheels
-road wheels injected as a unit - convenient to assemble and saves time
-photo-etched parts upgrading detail
-DS tracks
-Cartograf decal offers accurate markings

Dragon will release a new 1/72 scale model of an Sd.Kfz. 251/10 with such a weapon. The 3.7cm PaK is a completely new tooling produced specifically for this kit. Detail on this gun is delicate and well rendered. The vehicle itself is based on the hugely popular range of Dragon 1/72 halftrack kits, so its fine pedigree promises the utmost accuracy and ease of assembly. To accurately reproduce the 251/10 variant, all necessary changes to the fighting compartment were incorporated. This model actually depicts an Ausf. C model, which was the earlier hull made from a complex series of armor plates. With this fine kit, modelers can add some extra firepower to their collections.

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=DRA7314
Ch
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 03:59 PM UTC
I concur. The kit came as advertised. I bought myself one, only it's a different variant. The one with the Wurfrahmen (pardon my German).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

_GOTOTOP