_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-80 UDK WIP
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 10:44 PM UTC
Hi all,
this is the Skif kit with SP detailing sets that is new turret, new engine deck (too long ), side sponsons, tracks with correct hollow horns and outer roadwheels.

Of course the hull halves are not glued together !
More in my gallery

Thanks for your comments
Olivier
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 08:39 PM UTC
Hi Olivier,

Looking good mate. Are you planning to use the kit tracks or will you use AM stuff?

Looking forward to see more

Jurjen
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi Jurjen,
the tracks are the SP ones with separate hollow guide horns. They come in lengths with a correct sprocket and look quite good. The only trouble with them is that you have to add the last two track links to have a full track.

You can see on the pictures that I have not added them so far. But they will be hidden behind the skirts, I'll certainly omit them

Olivier
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hello Olivier,

Looks good. I have started cleaning out the deck screens on the T-80U "Omsk". It is a fun ordeal...

Glad to see that you are still going through with the build. I have spoken with Sergej and several other casters and we may have found the problem of the resin growth...will have to see what happens.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 05:36 PM UTC
Jacques,
I understand what you mean with the engine mesh cleaning ! But I'm not brave enough after all the problems to fit the deck to the kit, to undergo that extra work.

As the deck has a large overhang, I think I'll set the unditching log I never use usually to hide it a little bit.

The tracks were not that bad. I missed some teeth and I can advise anyone using this set to properly cut the teeth. You must take care they don't make contact with the sprockets (which are nicely reproduced). For the price, they are a excellent replacement set to the kit awful tracks and even to DML too large tracks.

More to follow. I'm currently getting more infos about the TC cupola and more specifically the MG mount as the kit one is very simplified.

Olivier
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 03:16 AM UTC
Hey Olivier

Nice start so far. I will check my books and pictures and see if I can help you out about the MG mount

Grtz Roel
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 09:20 PM UTC
Here are some new pics. The side skirts are on, the turret is a bit more detailed (especially the TC station and the MG mount).

Thanks to Jacques for his help about the MG mount
Olivier
 _GOTOTOP