_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Assembly instrucrion help
hararilior
Visit this Community
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 02:20 PM UTC
Hi,

I am having truble understanding one of the instructions in the assembly of M60 blazer.

Is something suppose to connect to the L shaped part ?

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 03:31 PM UTC
When I look at the pictures it looks to me as like you have to cut something off the L shaped part... Are there on the part those two thingies sticking out? I don't see the two things sticking out on the drawing itself on the front of the fenders.

Maybe somebody who built the blazer can tell you more about it.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
blackhand
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 04:21 PM UTC
Hi Hari i think the instruction means you have to fill in the location holes for the headlight guards ,idon't thinkthe guards are fitted to the blazer. hope this helps Pat
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2007 - 05:40 PM UTC
The headlight guards, parts E23 and E24, are installed on the Blazer. They have a couple pins on them that need to be removed first, before you put them in place. That is what the picture is showing.
glock17c
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 03:33 PM UTC
Hi Lior

The light guards on a US Patton (M60A1 or M60A3) are welded to this metal elbow as double elbow. The first elbow is the reiforcing support for the Alluminum fenders, and the extended additional elbow is used as light guard.
In IDF Magach 6Alef or 6Bet, the additional elbow was removed, and the round bar light guards were connected to the reinforcing support, "hanging in the air" as the Blazer cassets cannot let the light guard to be connected to the hull glacis.
When building the Magach with the Nochri (mine roller) adaptor, the light guards are not used, as the main lights are re-locationed to the adaptor.
So you have two holes to fill in the support in the front of E23+E24.

I hope that this long text is explaining this matter.

Yal'la bye
Michael Mass
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 05:09 AM UTC
If I remember right when I built that kit awhile back, there actually is an "x" part. Along one of the sprues is a whole bunch of the little pins. They are the "x" part listed in that step. They are very small and just run along the edge of one of the sprues. Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP