_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help with Hull fit on M51
fireontheway
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 370 posts
Armorama: 368 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 03:29 PM UTC
I have the DML Premium edition M51. After dryfitting the hull I came up with the conclusion that the upper hull should fit over the lower hull, due to the fact that the front rounded corners of the upper hull were notched out to accept the "shelf" of the lower hull. Also the PE front fenders fit on the shelf and if I left the upper hull above the "shelf" there would have been a gap of greater than a 1/4". The lower hull seemed to fit well at the front but moving towards the rear the fit became tighter, but it when in. I now find myself not being able to attach the PE side fenders. If I put the front section on against the upper hull it leaves a gap between the front fender of about a 1/4". Should these side fenders be against the upper hull or underneath? And if that is the case the front section again will not align with the front fender. The box photos naturally dont show this problem but they also show the side fenders as having what i presume to be the attach bolt holes on the exposed outside surface. Has anyone run across this or have I just assembled it incorrectly? The instructions were of no help.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 04:51 PM UTC
http://www.davidpride.com/Israeli_Armor/IL_Armor_04_215.htm

Without knowing all the details I would say that the side fenders
should be attached to the underside of the upper hull, to the
"thickness" which is outside of the shelf on the lower hull.
I presume that the front fender should be treated similarly.
/ Robin
 _GOTOTOP