Hosted by Darren Baker
Faun SLT 50-3 Elefant 1/72 scale
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 07:17 AM UTC
I am curious if anybody has seen this kit. I am very interested in doing it, I just want to know if its a good kit. Its made by Revell of Germany. I have the big one by Trumpeter however, this one will take up less room on the shelf. Just curious! Thanks.
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Armorama: 274 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 08:12 PM UTC
Like Cory, I'm looking for info too. If I run across anything, I'll pop the info here.

- Frank
RAM-G
Visit this Community
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 74 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 09:24 PM UTC
maybe this helps:

http://modellversium.de/galerie/artikel.php?id=2594

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model_kits/services/picture_galleries/galleries/index.html?&L=1

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model_kits/model_kits/military_figures/index.html?id=204&KOKANR=01&KOSCHL=07&KGSCHL=&L=1&page=8&sort=0&nc=1&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=37a18a0b6718e0ec611e7b39c372096b&KZSLPG=all&offset=63&cmd=show&ARARTN=03145&sp=1

btw. the 1/72 Revell kit is the "Elefant", the 1/35 Trumpeter kit the "Franziska", different vehicles and different trailers.

HTH

Ralf
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 05:45 AM UTC
Thanks Ralf. There's some nice pics. Looks like it just might be worth the $25-30.

- Frank
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 07:31 AM UTC
Well, thanks for the info. I'm going to order one. I'll keep everyone posted when I get it.
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 02:52 AM UTC
I just received mine yesterday. It has quite the parts count and is pretty well detailed. Obviously in 1/72 some fine details are either omitted or slightly overscale due to molding limitations. The details are very crisp and well worth the effort. I'm a bit overcome by the number of small decals included for all the warning labels. I'm looking forward to this one.

As an aside, mine came with an extra deck for the trailer. At least I thought it was extra, but upon closer examination, there were a few small sink marks/voids on the back edge of the deck included on the sprues. I've experienced many kits with this defect from other manufactures. It was in a flat relatively easy to fix area, but RoG still maintained high quality standards to replace the part within the kit. They are #1 in my book.
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 04:04 PM UTC
Well, I placed my order for mine and it ended up being out of stock. So now I am waiting for a restock so that I can get it.
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 09:54 PM UTC
I finally tracked one down at my LHS and as Kent states, it's a nice kit. I was a bit bummed when I saw the sink marks on the sprue-based trailer bed, but when I noticed the replacement in the bottom of the box I quickly went from confusion to a bit thumbs up for RoG.

- Frank
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 05:56 AM UTC
I started to build mine. Its going together quite well. I've complete most of the tractor chassis and main trailer parts. Like any mass produced model there are some simplifications, but as a whole it seems convicing at the very least.

Parts count is very high, though I'm puzziling over how to handle the multi-part cab. I'm leaning towards assemble, paint interior, mask, then paint exterior. With the small size and close fit of some of the parts and NATO 3-color paint, I think its going to be a challenge to paint well. Not like the large boxy shapes of 1/72 armor kits with just a few fine details on them.
 _GOTOTOP