Hosted by Darren Baker
Digital Diamonds No 7
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 05:52 AM UTC
Nice explaination, will find as European another way than the Coffe shop the sticks are useless plastic.
Anyway I just saw the diorama Album: Orders Diorama by: Keith Magee You are the man.
Now is my question the wooden floor what is the technic to attach them on the Plaster sounds stupide but you also have furniture added to it.
Could be a idea for Digital Diamond No 9 ?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 06:13 AM UTC
RIMA
I used the DD#7 technique for Cold Stare
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?set_albumName=albuo57&id=aab&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php" TARGET="_blank"> https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?set_albumName=albuo57&id=aab&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

I attached the floors to plaster walls with 2 part epoxy adhesive. Granted I don't have a very large floor section. But it should be fine for something a bit bigger too.
Secondarily if you do need more strength I would look at drilling holes in the ends of the floor joist and corresponding holes in the plaster wall and using some stiff wire (paperclip section) in addition to the 2 part epoxy.
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 12:12 AM UTC
Thanks will try that one it is my first plaster work, take time to get it under the knie if you don't try you will not fall. But the plaster from Verlinden production take time to get in Europe and is sometime quite expesive for what you got. Zo i am trying to make one for myself it will get messy and i shall make a photo reportage of it
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 04:48 AM UTC
That's good news Rima !
For the wood, you can easily use balsa, found in RC modeling shops !
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 10:52 AM UTC
Also if you find Verlinden expensive or difficult to find in Europe, look for the plaster buildings from PLUS MODEL... they have some excellent pieces and a good variety. Being that they are in Czech Republic, it should be cheaper and easier to find in Europe.
 _GOTOTOP