_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Katyusha Rocket Launcher
EagleSmack
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 228 posts
Armorama: 225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 09:01 PM UTC
Here is my latest kit. After taking these pics I realized that the wheels came out pretty bad.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 09:09 PM UTC
Looks pretty good. The wheels do need some wethering though.
EagleSmack
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 228 posts
Armorama: 225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 09:30 PM UTC
I am going to hold off on the weathering of the tires because it may go into a diorama and I am not sure what the ground covering will be. However the tires and wheel wells generally look bad and the photos picked out what the kitchen light could not. They are too light. I should have used a darker gray with a little more black and I need to spray the wheel wells as opposed to brush paint.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 05:36 PM UTC
Looks good. The wheels will be fine when they are weathered according to your diorama.

I have a few questions:

This looks like the Italeri/Zvezda kit. I have heard that this kit represents a vehicle that was not used in WWII but produced later. If that is the case does anybody know where this vehicle was used in action?

I know the Egyptians used this one in an overall sand version against Chad and possibly against the Israels also, but other than that I do not know.

Thanks for sharing
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 259 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 11:18 PM UTC
Looks good, but as you said, those tires are far too light grey in colour.
I've got one in the stash, waiting an eventual build.
Anyone aware of any P/E or other AM sets to dress it up?
rotATOR
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 01:44 AM UTC
Yes there is PE ,zoki...I have built the 1/35 BM 13 from Italeri and used the PE set from Eduard (dont have the part number any more)... I really dig the brush guards for the lights...they are 50x better than the kits'...the windscreen wipers are cool and so is the stowage rack for the spare tires...there are fins for the rockets too...in my research,I discovered that the fins were just stamped sheet metal and a lot of the rockets had dinged and slighlty bent fins so the PE was a great way to go as far as realism..(lotta work on the fins,though!!)...BTW your model looks great Eagle..
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good. The wheels will be fine when they are weathered according to your diorama.

I have a few questions:

This looks like the Italeri/Zvezda kit. I have heard that this kit represents a vehicle that was not used in WWII but produced later. If that is the case does anybody know where this vehicle was used in action?

I know the Egyptians used this one in an overall sand version against Chad and possibly against the Israels also, but other than that I do not know.

Thanks for sharing

hey,

The Italeri kit is post WWII,despite what the box/instructions state,the chassis/cab is the Zis-151,which went into production in 1947 i'am unsure if it was used during the Korean conflict.I believe Alan makes the vehicle using the Zis-6 chassis/cab which is WWII era.

Joe
 _GOTOTOP