_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
photography
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 08:15 PM UTC
I was interested in finding out the methods used for taking detail photos that some of you use. Some of the pix I see are very sharp and detail really jumps out at you.
I am a novice at photography and have no clue about the Dos and Donts of this type of very close detail photography.
Any ideas please! Best Regards! Robert
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 - 09:03 PM UTC
You would need a camara with a Macro or closeup settingto accomplish the close in shots.I certainly am no expert with lighting and so forth but with my 7.2 digital camera,macro setting in outdoor lighting,I have had good results.

Just to illustrate that I am no expert I have no idea how to post my pictures and show my work !!!!

but the macro setting is the key to close-ups,hope this helped a little
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2007 - 03:01 AM UTC
As Anthony says, a macro is essential. The better the lens, the better the pictures, This has always been true, either with film or digital formats.
I never use natural light as there is no control over the shadows. I have three desk lamps at my workstation and adjust to eliminate unwanted shadows. A click on my photos shows what can be done with controlled lighting. Most digital camers have a white balance function that adjusts for the temperature of the light.
 _GOTOTOP