_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Centurion 105 AVRE with Mine Plough
DrStrangeglove
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 06:58 PM UTC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gents
I was looking for some photographs of the Centurion 105 AVRE with the mine plough fitted.

I was in 31 Armoured during the eighties and thought the tank with the ploughs fitted looked like a complete beast. Combined with the fact that it was one of the last tanks that sounded like a tank when they were up and running they were fantastic.

A friend of mine has just purchased one (well a few months ago actually) and I was telling him of the AVRE's. I have looked on the net but I can't find one.

Melvin’s tank was used by the Swedish army I believe, but it is still in great condition. The engine was seized when he bought it but he has managed to free it off and the beast is up and running - a tremendous roar when he gives it some gas!

Any pics would be received with thanks.

Kind regards

Mick

OneOneBravo
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 100 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 08:34 PM UTC
Hi Mick,

I dont know much about AVRE's but if you have a chat with AVRE 165 he might be able to help you out.

Pete.

Iraq
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A friend of mine has just purchased one (well a few months ago actually) and I was telling him of the AVRE's. I have looked on the net but I can't find one.

Melvin’s tank was used by the Swedish army I believe, but it is still in great condition. The engine was seized when he bought it but he has managed to free it off and the beast is up and running - a tremendous roar when he gives it some gas!
Kind regards

Mick

Did your friend buy a Centurion that you think is an ex Swedish tank?
Can you provide some images please?

/Thord
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
Mick,

If you give me an email addy, I will be more than happy to send you the dozen that I have taken of the one at Duxford. I will be attending the MAFVA Nationals in June, so will make some time to try and get some more if you like. Hopefully you have dsl or similar as they are high res ones. Drop me an email and I will be more than glad to help.
[email protected]

Regards,

John
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 03:00 AM UTC
You may want to try and find Steel Art No. 13, from November 2004. It has six color pages of AVRE photos. They're far better than any I've seen anywhere else-as if taken by a modeler. The same issue also has a nice build review of AA's kit, which is is a very nice kit.
 _GOTOTOP