_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter K5E Leopold Rail Truck Question
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 08:21 PM UTC
I am plodding my way through building the rail trucks for the Turmp. K5E.
I am concerned about how the leaf springs assemblies go together. Reading ahead in the instruction book it appears that the leaf spring placement is what eventually locates the axles. Am I going to have a problem with the rail trucks sitting level, ie all the wheels being level and resting on the track later?
There does not seem to be a good may to locate the vertical position of the leaf springs.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shaun
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007 - 04:01 PM UTC
Anyone, Mueller, anyone?

Shaun

/Bump
pzkfwmk6
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 456 posts
Armorama: 216 posts
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007 - 04:29 PM UTC
Shaun, I too am fumbling my way through this build. In building the first truck I used slow setting glue for the leaf spring connectors and then put the wheels in place and set the truck on the rails in the proper location. This works but requires a lot of forethought on assembly procedure. Of course you need to locate the truck before hand for the rail position, at least I did, as my rails turned out less than 100% level over the whole span.
Good luck, I know I needed it!
Ed
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007 - 04:45 PM UTC
Thanks for the tip. I already have all the leaf springs set on the first car. If that ends as badly as I think it may I will use your advice on the other one. I am sure not looking forward to making two of those rascals.

Thaks again,
Shaun

I wonder how many of these got started and then stuffed back into the box half way through step 2?
 _GOTOTOP