Hosted by Darren Baker
Dozer
DogEgg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 341 posts
Armorama: 293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 03:19 PM UTC
I'm planning to build (part from scratch, part kitbashing) an old broken dozer/tractor to hide in some undergrowth on the Mekong Dio I'm doing (for the Brown Water campaign), the scenario being that it is an old French farm/barn as the focal point for the dio and the farm's old tractor was abandoned when the French left... I need some tips on weathering - notably old rusted iron and flaking paint... Plus, where is the best blace to get creepers from - all the p.e. ivy is really expensive and hard to find - any other sources?

Richard
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 03:32 PM UTC
Hi Richard

Take a look at this guys site for inspiration and ideas. Without a doubt this is one of the finest diorama makers, if not the best I have ever seen.

That's my opinion of course but I've yet to see anybody model detail so accurately as some of this guys stuff.

I had trouble believing it wasn't a model, such as the old windows in the Fordson Farm diorama, when I first saw it.

No amour related models but an inspiration to us all.

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Alan
DogEgg
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 - 03:50 PM UTC
That's incredible! Many thanks for the link... I may have to look into "Blacken-it" and "Rust-All"

R
DogEgg
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 02:56 AM UTC
... Have decided to bid on a Clark dozer and make it look like it's seen some farm action! Will keep you posted with pics of my rust and chipped paint trials
 _GOTOTOP