_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Is Sabinga Martin Publications still around?
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 - 05:41 AM UTC
This company published these two soft cover booking under the "Israeli Way" series a few years ago.
- Israeli Wild and Cruel Cats: Achzarit & Puma
- Lioness and Lion of the Line: M50 and M51 Shermans

Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This company published these two soft cover booking under the "Israeli Way" series a few years ago.
- Israeli Wild and Cruel Cats: Achzarit & Puma
- Lioness and Lion of the Line: M50 and M51 Shermans

Hi Tony,
I am in regular contact with Robert Manasherob who wrote both books. He's told me that he may do a reprint of Wild and Cruel Cats in the near future.

As for Lioness and Lion of the Line, it has not been published yet. It is currently at the printer and should be available either later this month or mid-August. I was given a sneak preview of it before it went to the printers and it will be worth the wait. It is actually the first of what he hopes to be a 10 volume series on Israeli Shermans. I'll be posting more about it on my site and other places when the book is available.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2007 - 07:23 AM UTC
Just to add a little to what Chris said, here is a quote from a post Robert made on the IDF Armor Group forum yesterday.

Quoted Text

Yes, As Michael said,
SabIngaMartin Lioness and Lions of the Line, part 1 (early M50 and M51 tanks) will follow after his Merkava book.
I will not enter to much to details but I only can promise that each of you when you will see it you will say big WOWWWWW.
And it will be only part 1 and will follow soon by other parts to make total of 10.
After 4 years of research and 2 years of producing it, it looks GADOL (big).
Robert

The Michael he mentioned is Michael Mass who will very soon have a book out on the Merkava Mk. 3 BAZ.

Also upcoming is a revised reprint of Tom Gannon's Israeli Shermans book, a quote from Tom.

Quoted Text

The Sherman set is well along, and it's much more comprehensive than the old one. Vol 1 is on gun tanks, from Meir and Tamar up to modified Chilean M50s and M51s. Vol 2 is on all of the variants, and also includes a chapter on Arab vehicles.

Tom

I hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes here, it's just that those of us who are IDF fans have a lot to look forward to.

Mike
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 12:29 PM UTC
Thank you. I am glad to learn that the first book will be reprinted eventually as I never got the chance to buy it.

_GOTOTOP