_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Villers-Bocage
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 01:19 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

Really need to bother you with this question. This is my plan for my next dio. Wondering if there will be anything majorly wrong with the layout (apart from distance between the two columns). What model were the halftrack and scout car, I'm assuming an M3A1.

Looking to buy 'Villers-Bocage throught the lens' but the bookshop can't get it for me, even for $60 Aus.

Thanks, Chas
tracklink2
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 01:29 AM UTC
From what I've seen the half-track should be an M3A1 and the scout car could be either a Bren gun carrier or a Loyd carrier.it looks like it will be a nice scene. good luck
hogarth
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:04 AM UTC
I think most or all of the Cromwells, at least those that Wittmann dealt with (and I assume you are depicting his tank) were further back in the town itself. I think at the top of the road were the Firefly and a couple of Cromwells, then a BUNCH of HTs and carriers, then 4 M3A3 Stuarts, then the Cromwells and an OP Sherman in the town proper. Artistic license aside, looks like a good scene. Oh, and I thought the Brits mostly used Lend lease HTs like M5s or something? I'm not really "up" on that information.

Rob
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
Looking to buy 'Villers-Bocage throught the lens' but the bookshop can't get it for me, even for $60 Aus.

Thanks, Chas

Chas,

Why not order it direct, here's the web address

Its third from the bottom.

John
jowady
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 683 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 11:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi

Thanks, Chas

Chas,

Why not order it direct, here's the web address

Its third from the bottom.

John

Oops, if I'm sending the info I had better actually INCLUDE the info, web address

http://www.afterthebattle.com/osCommerce/index.php?cPath=26_32&sort=2a&page=2

John
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 07:56 PM UTC
Interesting project. Good luck with it and keep us posted
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 02:21 AM UTC
Chas, I think the set up looks good, just put the Cromwell in the field on the opposite side of the road from where you have it in your diagram.

Quoted Text

I think most or all of the Cromwells, at least those that Wittmann dealt with (and I assume you are depicting his tank) were further back in the town itself. I think at the top of the road were the Firefly and a couple of Cromwells, then a BUNCH of HTs and carriers, then 4 M3A3 Stuarts, then the Cromwells and an OP Sherman in the town proper. Artistic license aside, looks like a good scene. Oh, and I thought the Brits mostly used Lend lease HTs like M5s or something? I'm not really "up" on that information.

Rob

Rob, you are correct that there were some Cromwells in town, but A squadron, which was at the top of the road, was made up of mostly Cromwells with just a few Fireflys. Wittmann only dealt with the tail end of A Squadron before he turned toward town on the road (hence the artistic license ) where he faced the column of halftracks and Stewarts. The halftracks were indeed M5's, but not being up on halftracks either I can't tell you the differences between the M3 and M5.

Mike
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 02:15 PM UTC
Halftrack was an M5A1 International Harvester model, not the White M3A1. You'll need to modify the body and mudguards or look for a resin conversion.
Removed by original poster on 07/05/07 - 18:40:29 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP