_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Academy Honey In Progress
TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 449 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:13 AM UTC
Academy Honey.. OOB Pre-Wash and other Weathering

This is an awsome kit to work with a lot of nice detail right out of the box! I love the touch of adding extra bolt heads, screw heads and stuff on the turret sprue... Thumbs up on this one

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:16 AM UTC
nice so far i was about to buy the honey the other day but chose an m-5 strange camo isn't it #:-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:22 AM UTC
NIce build so far ,keep up the good work.. Just asking are you sure about your camo colors?

Rick
TUNA
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hi Bear,

Thanks for the comment..No I'm not sure on the camo.. I know I'm winging it... I hope it looks better after weathering and fading... I was just guessing looking at the box...

charlie
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:05 AM UTC
be careful of the instructions they have everyone painting the camo in a blue grey color and this is not right ...the real color is more of a grey green color and the top was either left in original olivedrab or a dark almost black green color ...I can't remember the name of the site but I'm sure someone will know it ...it has all the colors used by the british during the war and the mixes you can use to get the right colors...I hope someone will come up with the name...

Rick
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:22 AM UTC
I'm working on the same kit. Decided to go American though. don't like those side fenders. Don't think that purple color is even close, on the box photo's it looks to be more of grayishblue. The closest one I can find is the Testor's MOdel MasterAure blue #2048 Did you use any of those spare bolt heads, or are they there to replace any damaged by sanding. I didn't see any reference to them. (haven't gotten to the turret part of the kit yet) but I did locate them
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 09:36 AM UTC
Hi Tuna her are a few pictures of my honey ...I used the humbrol mixes that I found on the net ..I'll see if I can't find that site and put it up here tomorrow...
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/6222&page=1

SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 09:45 AM UTC
NICE BUILD SO FAR, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
CONGRATULATIONS

ROBERTO
TUNA
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 11:13 AM UTC
Awsome Job, Bear!! I'm impressed!!!

The blue was actually Azore Blue Polly Scale.. I was trying to do something light without having to mix (since I stink at that).. I'm hopeing that during my weathering process I fade it enough to be acceptable.... Yours is awsome, that is that finish I wish I could do...

I didn't use the extra bolts on this kit... Actually I used em on Schurtzen for my Panzer IV... I just thought it was a very nice touch that they threw something like bolts and screw heads on the sprue.. just a nice little extra...

cheers

charlie
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 06:19 PM UTC
They say that if it looks right to you it is right. I kinda like the color you used for the camo. I'm curious, what are those things hanging down from the sides?
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 02:10 AM UTC
Hi Rodger ...those things hanging down from the side were actually supports for a canvas cover to make the tank look like a lorry from far away so that the germans couldn't tell how many tanks the brits had.... Oh and Charlie keep us up to date with the weathering ..are you going to use the decals or are you going to paint them on....One decal they forgot is the white and red one seen from the front ....I painted mine on...oh and the serial number was on the original olive drab instead of a light green color as in the decal sheet...I painted the olive drab square (well actually painted the whole tank OD then taped off the square and used dry transfers for the numbers) Hey have fun with it ...can't wait to see it finished ..

Rick
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
clean build so far though the color looks a little off.. keep us posted on the progress and thanks for shareing........... :-)
TUNA
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 04:07 AM UTC
Question Bear? What color is the Primer on WWII British tanks? Just want to know for the Paint Chipping process..?

charlie
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 05:59 AM UTC
remember these are American tanks ...they were delivered in OD and painted by the brits in Africa....Hmm I don't know what color primer Americans used in the war ...I guess red oxide ...but I wouldn't bet a wooden nickle on it !!

Rick
 _GOTOTOP