_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"Signal" magazine size?
JamesDean
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 77 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 11:18 PM UTC
How big were the German "Signal" magazines? I want to try and make some to set in a diorama and I have no idea what size they were. 12" was suggested to me but that seems small...
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 11:34 PM UTC
Can't help you with the size, but here's a site all about it, and perhaps you can find the answers there:
Signal Magazine

Here's a French Collectors site with a forum, perhaps they could be able to answer questions, if you speak French.
French Collectors site
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:04 PM UTC
This is an ancient post which I came across while google searching for the same. There's loads of sites (some very good ones) on Signal magazine with really clear images to resize and print off but none of them seem to have the dimensions of it on. Stacks of different languages, full collections of the covers but no size! Has anybody got one that they can measure please or got any idea of it's size? I guessed at the size, printed them off and they look massive so are completely wrong. I'm not buying the commercially available ones as they're a rip off for what you get plus everyone else will have the same ones in their dios like the ubiquitous yellow Waffen SS recruiting poster. I like to search out my own commercial posters etc for whatever country I'm modelling in a dio be it France, Germany, Hungary etc so want to do the same with magazines. Any ideas anyone???
Schwarzadler
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:22 PM UTC
Probably 27x36.5cm
See: http://www.reocities.com/CapitolHill/Embassy/2517/catalogo.htm
freddietello
Visit this Community
Alicante, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 199 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi

Have a look here

http://www.fcmodeltips.com/search/label/descargas%20downloads

You will find a lot of 1/35 magazines, all of them correctly scaled.

Cheers

Federico
 _GOTOTOP