_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon Brumbaer missing part.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 10:41 AM UTC
I just bought the DML Brumbaer kit and I found that the Commander's cuppola was missing the periscope ring that the hatch fits on. It's not even listed in the instructions. Luckily the part can be found in the DML Schwerer Panzerspaehwagon (Kommandowagen) Kit # 6071 (part # F3), but, I'm still going to be missing this part. How can I go about getting this part from DML? Is there anyone out there who has this part in their spare parts box? Thanks, Jeff
Sohcahtoa
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 11:55 AM UTC
I did DML's brummbar a few months ago and isn't that part a piece of metal? you can see it here:

and this has nothing to do with the part. '#:-)'

Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:27 AM UTC
Hi Bob...Model looks nice so far.Unfortunately the part..with the periscopes, that the photoetch part fits on.. is missing. There is just a big hole. It is flush with the roof of the superstructure. According to the directions for the model..the part should be molded onto the model...it's not there! Like I said... the part for thePanzerspaehwagen train fits perfectly into this opening. It's just that NOW I need a part for my Panzerspaehwagen. I suppose I can try to make a part by using resin. Thanks for your feedback. Jeff
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 03:21 PM UTC
Bodeen,

If it is something missing from the kit you may be able to get it from DML. Or, if another kit has the part you may be able to get that part from them. I've recieved parts from DML in the past.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 07:02 AM UTC
Thanks TempExp. How did you go about getting the parts. Did you write directly to them, e-mail,etc.? Let me know. Thanks...Jeff
 _GOTOTOP