_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
my absence
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 05:52 AM UTC
Ok, here is the deal...

First off, my opologies to Staffjim who sent me the SU-100 to build review and I have not yet been able to fulfill. I never thought all the stuff that has fallen on me would do so either. I should have gone gang-busters from the word go, but learning to do a BLOG was more work than I thought (hint to the rest of you all out there...make a permanent photo-shoot area for easy picture taking or you will spend half your time setting up and taking down photo stuff...) So Sorry Jim, I will get this some by summers end if nothing else...and get you three reviews an a feature for the site.

Next, what the heck happened to me? Well, when last you heard, I was off to Utah for a few days of R&R. Well, on the 27th my mother ended up int he hospital with digestive problems...which turned into a ordeal leading to the need for surgery where a 12 inch section of her small intestine was removed. But the fun does not stop there. She then contracted a MAJOR internal infection that was not immediately detected. This was very serious because of her immuno-suppressed nature from all the Chemo-therapy she has been taking. So for the last 12 days she has been in Intensive Care and not coherent. And not out of the woods yet either.

Prognosis is actually good, though. Chemo is working on the cancer and the infection is slowly residing. But having to care for my family from a distance means a lot less time for hobbies. And tthere has been a lot of time needed to help family out so...

Plus I recieved a build commision for a M48A3, so that is eating up any free time I may have.

Oh, and I tried to cut off my left hand middle finger, at the middle knuckle to-boot, with a hobby knife while in Utah (No stiches needed,but there is nerve damage. SIGH.)

I have been keeping tabs on the site, but from public computers and modem hookups...not indusive to posting when away from home.

But I am home for a week now and then will be back for most of August, barring any other complications. So hang in there with me, life can't stay this intense forever!
SerpentSix
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about all that Jacques. Hope it all works out well and we await your updates.
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 07:10 AM UTC
Hi mate!

That's some serious news. I really wish your mother a speedy recovery to a good health. I can understand that you've been very busy these days so don't feel sorry about the reviews etc.

About the Blog, I think it will be close who will finish first! Lol!

Take care Jacques and have a on me.

Jurjen
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 09:18 AM UTC
Jacques, sorry to hear all the distressing news about your mother.
"First things First" Jacques. We'll see the review and features when all settles down.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:48 AM UTC
Jacques,
Thanks for your concern about the blog and review but seriously you have bigger things going on and that is as it should be. Just do what you can, when you can.

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she can make a speedy recovery. Having 80-something parents myself I know how that is.

Best wishes,
Jim
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 08:22 PM UTC
Dear jacques!

I´m very sorry to hear about all that! Nobody earned something like that. I too hope that your mom will make a speedy recovery and things start to get easier for you and her!

Keep your head up, we are with you!

Best regards and wishes,

Andy T.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 02:46 AM UTC
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

The big kicker is my mother in only 53, so she is SUPPOSED to have a few more years in her. (and just so you know, because I am sure it is on all your minds, she had me when she was YOUNG...so I am older than you may think! )

This will have a happy ending, thankfully, but the time-commitment is more than I bargained for.

Maybe for Christmas I can guilt her into getting me a really cool model?
JackBlock
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 03:26 AM UTC
Jacques,

I hope that your mother is doing better. ICU. Ugggh! That can be an unsettling place. I know, I've been working in one for the last 7 years. I also hope that you are on the mend.

Family first. Everything else second. The kit will still be there to review when things settle down.

Sincerely
Dave
 _GOTOTOP