_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Scorpion replacement tracks
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 02:31 PM UTC
Hi fellas,
i'm working on AFV Club Scorpion. Last night while dry fitting the tracks i found out that the tracks was too tight and maybe too short to be connected with the other end. Since it was made from rubber it can still be stretch to the length but this will not look realistic to me and natural sagging cant be achieved.
Is there any aftermarket tracks set for scorpion (or it's family) and i plan to put extra spare tracks on the hull.

Thanks in advance for your input
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:34 PM UTC
Have you tried soaking them in hot water and streching to fit and then soak a little more for sag. Accurate Armour has the only replacement track that I know of but it's resin.

Paul
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you tried soaking them in hot water and streching to fit and then soak a little more for sag. Accurate Armour has the only replacement track that I know of but it's resin.

Paul

Paul,
never tried that and i will give the track a hot bath later. I look into AA website but couldnt find the tracks you mentioned. Anyway thanks for your reply
House
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 04:29 PM UTC
Zaidi...

Both My Scimitar and Scorpion tracks snapped after about a year on the models. I was told to expect this and have read numerous posts about the problem. Accurate aArmour does make a replacement Track set...T67 CVR(T) Replacement Track Set

They are not listed on the site but if you write to Derek Hansen he will send you a set.
I just purchased two sets from them about 2 months ago.

Mike
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:17 PM UTC
Funny, I have had an AFV Club Scimitar finished for over 10 years now and I have had no problems with the tracks snapping or breaking.
ginge82
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 12:10 PM UTC
My father has just purchased one of these scorpions today. Seems like a nice little kit but I agree with those horrible kit tracks.

Does anyone know of any other available update for the kit, armor, PE, figs, tracks etc?
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 523 posts
Armorama: 400 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 12:38 PM UTC
HI

What I did was to move the idler and sprocket in just a smidge. I have built about 10 SCORPION/SCIMITAR over the years and all the tracks have survived using this method.

T
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Does anyone know of any other available update for the kit, armor, PE, figs, tracks etc?

There is an Eduard PE set. Accurate Armour makes a variety of crew figures. Hobby Fan makes a crew figure set also.

Read the thread about the aftermarket tracks.
ginge82
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:39 PM UTC
Thanks Jason once again!
 _GOTOTOP