Hosted by Darren Baker
Plastic track help! (Hobby Boss KV-2)
DoctorFaust
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 12:34 PM UTC
Last night I spent two frustrated hours trying to put together the tracks on my Hobby Boss KV-2 before ripping the whole mess off and giving up. This is only my second time trying to put together palstic tracks and I need some help, either for the Hobby Boss tracks or plastic track in general.

Should I let the cement fully cure before trying to attach them to the wheels? How much of the track should I assemble before setting them in place? Should I cement the road wheel in place or let them rotate freely? Also the tracks don't seem to line up on the jig as show in the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated. I was really happy with the way this kit was turning out up till this point.

Thanks
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 01:14 PM UTC
anyone with a Trumpeter KV tank will have either spare link and length or rubberband tracks, i have but seems a little silly sending them from the UK when there must be builders nearer to you in the US. if all else fails shout
theduke2sg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Last night I spent two frustrated hours trying to put together the tracks on my Hobby Boss KV-2 before ripping the whole mess off and giving up. This is only my second time trying to put together palstic tracks and I need some help, either for the Hobby Boss tracks or plastic track in general.

Should I let the cement fully cure before trying to attach them to the wheels? How much of the track should I assemble before setting them in place? Should I cement the road wheel in place or let them rotate freely? Also the tracks don't seem to line up on the jig as show in the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated. I was really happy with the way this kit was turning out up till this point.

Thanks

Most older model kitsr requires a hot screw diver to melt the joint stubs down. Nowadays, they have these styrene-vinyl tracks that requires you to use only plastic cement. You should use clips to hold the joints as you cement is drying. Set it aside overnight to fuse the joint on the safe side.

I usually leave the procket out before I put in the tracks. That part will go in together with the tracks after it is joint.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 09:18 PM UTC
Read Terry Ashley's comments about how he tackled the HB tracks here

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/48/hobbyboss/hb84810.htm

The only wheel you really need to leave loose is the sprocket.

David
 _GOTOTOP