Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
WWII Experimentals
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 02:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the banner. I think I have it added to my post. We will see after this one.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 05:13 AM UTC
You are welcome, Scott

Looks good on your post
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Side note to this:

If anyone joins this campaign and will build a 1/35th Dragon MAUS (must be for this campaign!), contact me via PM.

Mike

Seriously, I was just going to build the DML Maus. It has been sitting on the LHS shelves for about 4 years now, the last one remaining from a batch of 20. I went to buy it and to my astonishment learned it was sold only 10 minutes before I got to the LHS... after four years! I think Murphy's rule applies.

Now, I am down to the single DML E-100 another friend acquired for his model shop, if no one beats me to it this time, I will get it tomorrow... I hope.
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 07:32 AM UTC
Well we have about 15 or so days left until kick off. I have decided on a Maus right out of the factory. Does anyone know what color brand new tracks should be? Any ideal how these were transported o the front in the east? Good luck to everyone.
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 03:25 AM UTC
I have changed my entry after FINALLY getting my hands on the DML 1/35 Maus! (I've wanted one for a long time now!) and have been doing extensive research into the beast which shows me that i'll be doing a fair bit of work to the DML kit.

I've got a KT to build in the meantime but will start up a blog when I get around to this one to show you guys what i'm doing.

Mike, i'm intrigued so a PM is on its way over to you now.....

Thanks guys, look forward to getting started on this one!

James
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 08:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Side note to this:

If anyone joins this campaign and will build a 1/35th Dragon MAUS (must be for this campaign!), contact me via PM.

It's time I "qualified" this post. I had a MAUS, then decided to put it and a bunch of kits up. Long story short; I had ordered a barrel set for it and when I decided to "part with things," I couldn't cancel that part of the order. Barrels showed up (and nice they were!) and I was contacted by a Campaigner that was going to build a MAUS for this specific campaign....I'm hoping he's received them by now!

James, check your PM's......got an alternative for you....just need an addy!

Mike
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 06:38 AM UTC
I'm ready for the campaign, both E-100 from DML and E-25 Trumpeter are added in the stash. I think I'll go for the E-100. The thing is literally HUGE!
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 11:09 AM UTC
hello everyone,
I'm currently making a "what if" Opel Blitz with Flakvierling, would that be eligable for this campaign?

Greetz Pit
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm currently making a "what if" Opel Blitz with Flakvierling, would that be eligable for this campaign?

Technically, if you're in the "design" part of the build, you're fine. If you've started, better ask the Lead for a "waiver."

Mike
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 03:05 PM UTC
Fine with me. I figure some people might start early with down town from the holidays.

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Technically, if you're in the "design" part of the build, you're fine. If you've started, better ask the Lead for a "waiver."

Mike

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 01:37 PM UTC
ok thanks guys for letting me in, after the "new year greetingz to all " I'll try getting some pics in, just give me a link where I (yeah yeah I'm lazy ) I can read about all the details,I stumbled onto the subject, and thought " hey this is finally a reason to finish something "

Thanks and .. happy new year to ya'll

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 01:43 PM UTC
Tha,

This is the Official Campain link: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=228

Once you start posting pics and narratives, create a new thread within the Campaigns Forum for your build....name it something like : Experimentals: Tha's Opel Blitz Flakvierling.

Mike
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 02:22 PM UTC
Scott -

Count me in! Awesome!

Cheers!

Tim
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2007 - 06:04 PM UTC
Happy New Year guys -- Am trying my hand at scratchbuilding a Pz IV simplfied turret (Vereinfachter Turm). Started on it after Christmas and plan to put in on an Ausf H hull. I think it never got off the drawing board though. Would this qualify? Thanks.
wanagun
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 07:44 PM UTC
THe tank in the above post would be fine.
Sorry for the let get started been busy with the holidays and home remodeling. I want to wish everyone good luck on there project. I am doing a Maus. Couple of things I want to point out is this is open to all countires. If you do something rare please post where your info came from. I want to see some of these odd tanks as I know there are things out there I do not know about. Anyone going to try a Japanese Type 4 or 5?
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 01:44 PM UTC
Thanks Scott. Any registration I need to do, or I do just fire away? Cheers -- Tat
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 02:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Scott. Any registration I need to do, or I do just fire away? Cheers -- Tat

Tat, go here and select "Enlist" on the right hand side.

Mike
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 02:29 PM UTC
Thanks Mike. Cheers! Tat
Col_Steamer
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 03:03 PM UTC
OK, I'm in

Trumpeter's Geschutzwagen Tiger fur 17cm

Xmas present to myself.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 01:51 PM UTC
I will probably be starting my 17 cm monster on Monday. I have been reviewing the instructions and kit. It looks like it will build up real nice.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 02:50 PM UTC
Woohoo! Couple more 17cm's! They'll be a joy to watch being built. Enjoy guys! I'm sure we all will too.

Mike
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, January 05, 2008 - 10:17 PM UTC
I will probably start my E10 today. I am planning to add some extra IR equipment from the Tamiya IR Panther in my stash and come up with a very special camouflage sceme. I thought I might as well go the extreme since this is a "what if" build.

More to follow....
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 11:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Woohoo! Couple more 17cm's! They'll be a joy to watch being built. Enjoy guys! I'm sure we all will too.

Mike

You can always tell an artillery guy

All I am lacking is a good photo of the shell and possibly the charge, as thse are not in the kit. in my initial review of the kit, I didn't see where the rounds and charges would be stored.

My research showed the Geschutzwagen only carried 5 rounds. I can understand why it never went into production. I would think each Geschutzwagen would have a trailer with some rounds, or have a schlepper dedicated to each gun.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 11:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I will probably start my E10 today. I am planning to add some extra IR equipment from the Tamiya IR Panther in my stash and come up with a very special camouflage sceme. I thought I might as well go the extreme since this is a "what if" build.

More to follow....

I was thinking about doing some sort of a hybrid disc-ambush pattern on my Geschutzwagen. I really dont think the kit proposed pattern is very becoming.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2008 - 06:56 PM UTC
Sounds interesting, Carl. I was thinking something like a strait edged camouflage. Partly inspired by the late Panther schemes and partly by the Swedish camouflage. The good thing is that it is impossible to make it unauthentic as it is pure speculation to start with