_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Correct use of the new Blog functionality.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 05:23 AM UTC
Hi All,

As you will have noticed whilst surfing the vast content of the Kitmaker sites, we have a popular new feature, the 'Blog' flag, which is designed to give added exposure to active 'Work in Progress' threads (so called 'Blogs' ).
As this flag will automatically add your Blog to the top of the Blogs list on the Homepage when a new reply is posted, it is a perfect tool to keep the hard work of the builder/poster right there in the limelight.
This functionality is not designed to just get your questions to the top of the list. We have already 'de-blogged' a number of threads which had no construction or painting related content, and will continue to do so. The majority of people looking at the Blogs do so because they enjoy seeing the progress of a kit, and to perhaps learn something, or help the builder with some good advice.

Please use the Blog function only for it's intended purpose.

Thank you.

Henk
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 759 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 06:48 AM UTC
Thanks for bringing this up, Henk. I was wondering if any of the staff was noticing it!
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 11:04 AM UTC
Touche Henk. Honestly, tho it's been "addressed" before, I'm guessing that folks are not realizing just what that was for. In time, we'll all figure it out. I for one do like that feature...and yep, I do so enjoy looking at the "in progress" posts. I find the armor related "blogs" very educational. To whit, Spiff's Tiger or Bill's Panzerjagerwagen, to mention a mere two of many. I may not get a Tiger, but I do plan on getting the Panzerjagerwagen, and that "blog" will be invaluable.

Mike
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 04:30 AM UTC
Thanks Henk.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 07:21 PM UTC
Given all the new members we've had join recently, and the incorrect use of the Blog indicator (the black asterisk in the yellow square in the post title if you're not sure), I figure this is a good time to bump this thread.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 10:45 AM UTC
Yep, and it would be nice if the forum mods would remove the unneeded ones.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 11:06 AM UTC
I am sorry Dave I thought that perhaps my ability to edit posts still was an oversight from when I left the staff, and thus I have not used that ability except to make posts stickies for Rick. today however I have gone back to the start of June and removed Blog status from any that are not builds or paint guides.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 04:24 PM UTC
Thanks Darren.
It helps those who only come to the site to check on the various build blogs, or with limited web time.
Nothing as fustrating as clinking on a blog, and finding out it is nothing more the a gereral run of the mill question.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 10:25 AM UTC
Sorry Dave you are on your own as I am no longer a Mod.
 _GOTOTOP