Real Model kits
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 08:09 AM UTC
Who stocks Real Model kits in the US?
Are there any on-line reviews of these kits?

After looking at the fantastic models of Miroslav and Miloslav I'm getting the urge to get back to work on my 5 ton truck projects. Suffered a major burn out and haven't touched the models in over a year.

Joe
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 08:32 AM UTC
Distributors for US are Sprue Brothers or you can all buy on Real Model Shop
www.realmodel.cz/shop
Miloslav
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 08:47 AM UTC
Joe's back!!!!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 10:31 AM UTC
I can honestly say I've gotten excellent service from both Sprue Brothers and Miloslav, when buying Real Models kits. So buy with confindence from both.
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 11:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Joe's back!!!!

Maybe!

Actually never left, just lurking around waiting for manufacturers to make something new of interest to me. Haven't been excited since the dragon wagon came out. Maybe the M4 tractor will trip my trigger.

Joe
SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 12:27 PM UTC
Thanks, I've done business with sprue brothers in the past.

What I'm interested in is the 5 ton wrecker. But I've been burnt often buying resin sight unseen from several companies including Real Model several years ago.

Before I buy I like to see pictures of the parts you get or don't. That's why I was looking for a review. I know a little bit about casting and can tell from the parts and how they are cast if it's worth me buying vs just scratch building it. So far all I've seen is Miroslavs fantastic wrecker. Would be helpful to see how much of the effort was the kit or the talent of the modeler.

Miloslav, maybe you could supply more pictures.

Joe
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 06:19 PM UTC
Ive seen 2 dfferent builds on the wrecker, both looked real good. The kit was a bit too pricey for my needs. I have a conversion kit now and I must say the parts look great but then there are the directions or more exactly the "lack of " directions. If you have't done a resin kit be prepared for additional challenges.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 11:43 PM UTC
Joe, I don't have the wrecker, but have a few Real Models kits, (working on a conversion now) but I could snap a few photos of one of the newer kits parts I have if you would like.
duce and a half conversion I'm working on:

SHERMAN2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 06:02 PM UTC
Nice looking truck Dave. I'm assuming it's a pre-war GMC ACKWX-353. Only found a few pictures in my books. Many sent to the French '39-'40. They had high ,flat steel sided cargo boxes. 8 holed wheels with civvy tires.' Models to the US army the same wheel with combat tires. And the and the standard steel cargo box. Trucks built 1940 on had signal lights in the fenders. They had a 158" wheelbase vs the CCKW 164". Somplace I have a manual that covers all the various GMC chassis. I could scan pictures if you like.

As for the wrecker. since I make my own 5 ton truck kits I'll just scratch one someday. I have the drawings, manuals and lots of pictures, just no time.

Started getting my picture files sorted out on my hard drive today. I have neglected my webshots in the past year. Going to add more project picture albums with TM pictures over the winter. Since I'm into O and HO scale model railroading there maybe more train albums too.

Joe
 _GOTOTOP