_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Need help with M51 turret interior.
bulldog68
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 12:03 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
I have allready done a turret interior but the 105 gun part may be wrong as I was working with 2 pics.does anyone have some interior pic you can send me of the complete interior?
I'm planning to build a Batch 2 with full interior I would like to get it right this time.E-mail me @ [email protected]
Thank you
Mike
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 01:29 AM UTC
I think this book may fit your need.

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/books/sablngamartin/israeliway_vol1.html

The author is an IDF tank reserve officer and a former Latrun museum staffer. Two more volumes are planned. Chris at toadmanstankpictures.com is taking preorders for it
bulldog68
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hi Roy,
Thanks for the great info,I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the book.
Vol 2,should be a great big help and I look forward to Vol 3,as well.
Cheers
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 455 posts
Armorama: 298 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 07:45 AM UTC
I'm with you, Mike, waiting for better references. I'd like to do a similar project, having just done a full interior job for an M50. Hoping to post photos of that here or at M-L next week. For sure the ammo stowage in the floor needs to be redone. Not sure where ready rounds might be, as the turret basket is just about a third of a circle beneath the gunner and CO. The gun breech is obviously going to be a scratch job, and I haven't seen enough angles yet to make me confident about shaping it properly. And don't forget, with any of these interior extravaganzas the turret race in the hull needs to be hogged out to the proper size. Only Tasca gets that right with their Firefly right out of the chute, but their new M4A1 will probably also be correct.
Greg
bulldog68
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 07:59 AM UTC
hey Greg,
Thanks, and I did not hogged out my M50 for the turret race.I plan to build a new M50 as more referance is coming to light and all get this one right.
Cheers.
 _GOTOTOP