_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
REVIEW
Smith Mil. Modeling - Roads
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 11:16 AM UTC
One of our own, a modeler and diorama builder had realized his dream and made his hobby a full time paying ''gig''. Many of us would love to do that. Well check out the great road pieces he has produced. They come with a bit of a twist - component integration of all his pieces.

Check out the review and take a close look at the pictures.

Thanks to Gary at Smith Military Modeling for the products and the support.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 02:17 PM UTC
Looks like a pretty useable product.
Thanks for the review.
Geezer34
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 02:09 PM UTC
I have not seen these first hand, but they look mighty fine. I'm glad to see that they also have a cobblestone
road, as most of the in-town roads I have seen in France were stone not brick. They are slightly shorter than typical bricks .and usually have a humped effect (probably to help them drain). I used a small resin section to make a rubber mold for longer streets cast with plaster of paris, but this is not as neat as Smith's interlocking sections (my joints look like joints!). I hope they make some unwrecked buildings also, as there seems to be a real shortage. One would think that Europe was nothing but fields of rubble, as some parts were, but not the whole area.
gsmith
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 117 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:45 AM UTC
Hey Scott,
thanks for the input, there are a few untouched walls available, and many more on the way. some even solid so you can choose the doors and windows. i had hoped someone would use these i like to see everyones creative side instead of just using whats given to them, thats part of why the company was started. there are also many road variations on the site with many more on the way.

thanks for looking,
Gary Smith
http://www.smithmilitarymodeling.com
 _GOTOTOP