Hosted by Darren Baker
Conversions for Hasegawa Jeep?
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
I went through my stash today and found Hasegawas 1/24 Jeep (didn't even remember I bought it...) And now I'm wondering if there is any conversion sets available for this vehicle to make it into a SAS-jeep. I guess it could be scratched, but I'm not a scratchbuilder. Just not to keen on building it as a "plain old" Jeep.

So, I'm thankful for some enlightment on the subject.
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 01:29 PM UTC
The 1/24 Hasegawa and Italeri Willys Jeeps have not been served by the aftermarket crowd much at all. There is a guy in Alaska who did some parts. I don't know how productive he's been. You can try to contact him

http://www.track-link.net/reviews/D_L/Large_Scale_Armory

He sent some parts for review and I wrote about them in Track Link
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 12:27 AM UTC
Wow ,thanks for the link ,but how to get e- mail contact with him?Please help me,I can`t find!
By the way,Eduard has Pe Kit for upgrade to Hasegawa Yeep.Wish You luck with Yeep.My Italieri model You can find in Large Scale Dep.
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 12:29 AM UTC
O`k ,just found!Sorry for trouble.
aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 10:02 PM UTC
is it just me or is there 2 hasegawa 1/25th jeeps?? mine has un-positonable steering where as other pics of hasegawa jeeps it has positionable steering. plus a few other things!!! is mine older or newer??? cheers

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 03:23 PM UTC
Dear Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply and I hope that you have an opportunity to see this. My name is Jim and I'm the guy from Alaska that owns Large Scale Armory and makes the conversion that you're asking about. I have a SAS conversion in the final stages of prototyping and hope to start casting them up by Christmas.
All my jeep kits are based around a workable steering conversion that includes a new set of resin wheels and tires that correct the inaccurate ones in the kit. I've also created a large assortment of personal gear and weapons, (mostly American, British and Russian but have some great Axis stuff too) that'll be available about the same time. Most of this stuff has never been available before in this scale and is really, really detailed.
The point of all this is mainly to promote modeling in this scale. Hopefully more people will see the potential of this scale military modeling once there is an availability of affordable and interesting conversions and kits. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Jim
Large Scale Armory

[email protected]

aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 06:36 PM UTC
cheers jim! will have to look you up when i start mine!
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 08:59 AM UTC
Sounds like great news to me, both the SAS conversion and the equipment sets. Do you have any clue about what they will cost when they are released?

Feel free to keep us posted about the progress.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 04:32 PM UTC
Hi guys,

As far as the cost of the kits---how many Zs are supposed to be in agzabanazillion? Seriously, as I stated before the main focus of all this has always been to promote military modeling in this scale so I figure to keep it reasonable.
About forty bucks would be the high end limit that I could ever see charging for a conversionplus kit and even at that it'd have to have quite a bit of stuff. I plan to offer some weapons and equipment packs that'd be a good bit less. Figure kits (usually three figures) will be separate but about the same cost.
By the way, I decided some time ago to concentrate on the weapons and gear first so that I could not only give folks something to put on their models for static display but also to get ready for all the items that figure kits would need. (I also have a few complete vehicles in the works).

A small portion of some of the stuff already prototyped:

Allied:
Bren MG
Sten
M3 grease gun
Thompson MG
.45 cal. revolver
M1 Garand
BAR
PPSH 41 russian
Russsian light MG
haversack
Shovels (both early and late)
Boys anti-tank rifle
Handgrenades
Both .30 and .50 cal ammo cans
A true 5 gallon allied jerry can
.30 cal with early war cradle
.50 cal
various other weapons and a pile of holsters, ammo pouches and dozens of other gear bits

Axis:

Luger pistol
P38 pistol
C-98 broomstick pistol
Grenade case (metal)
Gew 43 rifle
MP 40 with separate folding stock
STG 44 (a very good one!)
Again a large pile of pouches, helmets, and other bits and gear.

I am very open as to what kind of figures that you guys would like to see as I've done all the hard stuff like their heads, hands, web gear, belts, boots etc so it's easy to just configure the body any which way. I'd really like to hear from anyone on what exactly you'd like to see these figures doing and what other odds and ends you'd really like to see in this scale.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 04:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

is it just me or is there 2 hasegawa 1/25th jeeps?? mine has un-positonable steering where as other pics of hasegawa jeeps it has positionable steering. plus a few other things!!! is mine older or newer??? cheers

Jason,
To my own knowledge, when I used to live in the Philippines I have seen at least 3 different types of jeep kits by Hasegawa in 1/24, one had a .30 cal MG, the other had a .50 cal MG and the third had its top cover on and had a trailer, I'm not sure if there are any other configurations that Hasegawa had other than these.
aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 07:34 PM UTC
thank you rei!! bit silly they have a totally diferent constrution of the same vehicle for maybe 3 diferent configarations???oh well! cheers

ps mine is the .30 cal one...
 _GOTOTOP