Hosted by Darren Baker
Any AM wheels/tires for Zil-151?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 08:59 AM UTC
Since I had over 45 views and no replies in the Russo-Soviet Forum, I may as well try it here too.....

If you haven't found out yet, the new ICM Studebaker US6 has incorrect tires, the unidirectional tread is not aligned correctly. Check out the review of it at PMMS to see what I mean.

I am planning on getting the new Studebaker US6 and combining it with the tires/wheels and launcher-specific parts from the old Italeri Katusha kit to make an accurate WWII BM-13. I am thinking about taking the left over Zil-151 chassis, cab, etc. from the Katyusha and the bed from the US6 and making an early Zil-151. I will need wheels for it though since its wheels will be on the US6 BM-13 Katyusha.

So, on to my questions. Does anyone make AM early Zil-151 wheels/tires? If not, does anyone have a spare set of CCKW or Zil wheels that they could trade?
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 09:37 AM UTC
Wish I could help Gino, but I'm in the same boat.
I'm actually too cheap to bust up a perfectly good kit just for a set of tires.
but did order these from Great Models:

in a vain hope these would be a drop fit on the Tamyia kit, and I could use the Tamyia set up on the Stude. But they will require the polycaps etc from the Tamyia kit also. But they are pretty.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
Those do look nice. I will hold out for someone to have a set they replaced with chained wheels or something else though. Those cost as much as (more than with shipping) the BM-13 kit did.
 _GOTOTOP