_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Barrel for Merkava
thehermit
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 03:41 PM UTC
Hey all, does anyone know where I can find the "hollow" resin outer shell with metal inside barrel for the Merkava..? I just KNOW I saw this damn thing last week SOMEWHERE on the web, but darned if I can remember where...??!!

Cheers, and thanx fer any help,
LT
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all, does anyone know where I can find the "hollow" resin outer shell with metal inside barrel for the Merkava..? I just KNOW I saw this damn thing last week SOMEWHERE on the web, but darned if I can remember where...??!!

Cheers, and thanx fer any help,
LT

LT, sorry but I think you may be thinking about this barrel for the Challenger 2,
Here. As far as I know there is no A.M. barrel made for the Merkava of the type you describe. Accurate Armour makes a resin replacement barrel for the 105mm used on the Merk 1 & 2's available here:
http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=11&subcategory=186&product=1126

Again, as far as I know, the only replacement barrel for the later 120mm are those that are included with several of the conversion sets from Legend Productions, and sadly they don't sell them separately.

Regards,
Mike
thehermit
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 171 posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 02:06 PM UTC
Aaaaahhh...you are right Mike...!! DUUUUHH..!! I have been on a rampage hunting down and buyin all sorts of armour related "junk" getin ready for the long winter chill here in Manitoba, and many times I get all crossed up with my links, faves, etc...Thanks for the correction, saved me a heluva lotta chasin round for nowt...!!

Cheers, Laurie
 _GOTOTOP