Hosted by Darren Baker
m4 high speed tractor
Hightower
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 09:24 AM UTC
HI all, been awhile but I have just picked up the HobbyBoss M4 High Speed Tractor. 1:35 scale. OK I was sucked in by the box art. Once I opened it though I was both impressed and disappointed. The box art shows figures around the vehicle. Not in the box. But there is a complete engine which with a little wire will look cool.
Anyone with experience with this kit or the other one by I think AFV ?
Tips, tricks, or links welcome
Cheers and thanks eh ?
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hi Sterling: The M4 HST is a relatively new release. You can check out its preview on PMMS where I always look up new releases

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/hobbyboss/hb82407.html

As for not including figs, I'd say very few companies MAKE figures I would want. Hobby Boss hasn't shown themselves to be able to do it -- so they are wise to not include them IMHO.

AFV Club doesn't make any HST. Hobby Fan made an expensive resin M4 HST.
dpwhite
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 02:43 PM UTC
I also just got it, what a cool looking vehicle. I have to make myself wait to build it, I have too many others stacked up in the closet already. I might pick up an artillery piece to go with it, would make a great dio.
seuss95b
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 11:16 AM UTC
Where did you guys order it from?
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 04:01 AM UTC
I just checked Lucky Models (they do not list it), HobbyLink Japan ($35.99 plus S/H) and Discount Models ($28.79 plus S/H). Not too bad. I assume she will scale out to be slightly larger than the Tamiya M-8 HMC. Is this correct? Or, is it longer?
thanks
DJ
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 04:07 AM UTC
DJ: The M4 High Speed tractor has nothing to do with the M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage. I don't have the specs on the M4 HST handy but I think that it would have been longer than the M8 HMC.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 07:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ: The M4 High Speed tractor has nothing to do with the M8 Howitzer Motor Carriage. I don't have the specs on the M4 HST handy but I think that it would have been longer than the M8 HMC.

Roy-- I'd be curious to see how the 1/35 tractor compares in size to any other AFV. To sandwhich ten guys in that cab must have required a shoe horn. While I appreciate the M8 HMC is smaller, there appear to be a symetrical agreement in the overall design of the lower hull area. I am sitting here wondering. Another marvelous day at work watching the clock tick.
DJ
rinaldi119
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 282 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 07:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Roy-- I'd be curious to see how the 1/35 tractor compares in size to any other AFV. To sandwhich ten guys in that cab must have required a shoe horn. While I appreciate the M8 HMC is smaller, there appear to be a symetrical agreement in the overall design of the lower hull area. I am sitting here wondering. Another marvelous day at work watching the clock tick.
DJ

The M4 HST was loosely based on M4 Sherman components and is approx. the same size - ie. much larger than the M8 HMC. The M5 HST is loosely based on the Stuart family components as is more closely the size of the M3/M5/M8 light tanks of that series.

The M4 HST is quite a large vehicle and its cousin, the M6 HST, is even larger and one I'd love to see kitted is any form. Here is a great ref. book on the subject: http://www.ipmslondon.ca/old%20site/ipmslondon.tripod.com/armourreviews/id63.html

HTH,

Mike
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 08:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

DJ

The M4 HST was loosely based on M4 Sherman components and is approx. the same size - ie. much larger than the M8 HMC. The M5 HST is loosely based on the Stuart family components as is more closely the size of the M3/M5/M8 light tanks of that series.

The M4 HST is quite a large vehicle and its cousin, the M6 HST, is even larger and one I'd love to see kitted is any form. Here is a great ref. book on the subject: http://www.ipmslondon.ca/old%20site/ipmslondon.tripod.com/armourreviews/id63.html

HTH,

Mike

Mike-- thanks, very cool information.
DJ
Removed by original poster on 11/29/07 - 04:02:02 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP