_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Ranks in your profile
pjmooney
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 107 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 12:59 PM UTC
I notice that some members with the same number of posts or length of membership on the site, have no rank designated, while some have rank? How is this determined - what are the milestones?
Some folks also have unit patches in their header, while I can't see how to do this?

S/F

Pat
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 01:40 PM UTC
Click the "my account" tag at the top of this page. You can set your rank there. It will then show up on your header. Your rank increases with your post count on certain forums.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 02:22 PM UTC
And to add to Mark's post....length of membership does not affect your "rank." Posting (again, in certain forums) does. Choice of Rank (Country, Enlisted, Officer) does depend on which you want...That can be selected in your profile. Regarding "unit patches," that I can't help with as I'm not sure what you are referring to. Nor do I recall the "milestones" for posts/versus rank. Nothing to worry about...."rank" is a subjective thing.

Mike
pjmooney
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
Mark / Mike...

Thanks for the explanations. Regarding Rank, I was not sure if it was something you can set, as I served in the Marines and didn't understand how someone received that.

On the unit patch, I see on your header there is a patch that looks similar to an 82nd AB patch - I tried to click on it and see that it is the icon for the Advanced Guard...so that answers that.

Your right, rank is subjective...I was a Corporal, but then again so was Napoleon and Hitler!!!

S/F

Pat
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 04:12 PM UTC
Ahh, Mike has the A-Guard tag in his profile. A-Guard was once a paid membership here that offered you some extra perks other than the standard membership. Extra gallery space etc. It has been frozen for awhile with no new members accepted. There is even a separate forum for A-Guard on the forum page.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 - 11:00 AM UTC
Rank is based on number of posts. So, just as in the military, the more useless babble you can spew out, the quicker you will get promoted.

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist that set up.
pjmooney
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 - 03:19 PM UTC
Carl,

Thanks - that was perfect...babble, babble, babble...

S/F

Pat
Sleepwalker71
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 265 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark / Mike...
Your right, rank is subjective...I was a Corporal, but then again so was Napoleon and Hitler!!!

S/F

Pat

Relax Pat :-) Napoleon was in fact general, in age of 24. He started his career as artillery officer.

Geez, I just resurrected thread looking for some other information ;-)
 _GOTOTOP