_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign Schedule
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hey all,

Mark and I talked about figuring out how to let everyone know just "what's going on" within the realm of campaigns. He and I created a spreadsheet that would assist us in figuring out what was going on and when....but that did little to help you, the folks behind the campaigns.

I'm hoping that the picture below will aid you all in seeing what is going on now and what has been approved (operative word here is "approved") for the future. Please note the dates that they are running as this should help you determine ideal/better dates for you to submit for your campaign....look for dates that are reasonably clear for your submissions....if there's too much going on, we may suggest alternate dates. As a note to that, a "normal" campaign would run roughly six months.....one requiring a much more "indepth build" can go longer; no problem.

It is Mark's and my intent to update this as frequently as necessary. If you have comments or suggestions, please, feel free to post here or contact us via PM.

2008 is pretty open...let's get the submissions in!

"Green" is AFV and "Dark Red" is Dioramas. The pic is kinda fuzzy, but I think you'll be able to see "what's what" easy enough. If you see something I "oops'd" on, please let me know. The "colored" in dates are approximations...if a campaign starts on 4 January, I colored in all of January....if it ends on the 4th of March, I colored in February but not March. Hope that makes sense. If you see the light blue on the far left, that indicates that the Campaign has ended.

With that, if the current Campaign leaders would, at there convienience, drop me or Mark a number of "enlistees" and the number of "completee's." Nothing involved, just something to track the "topics" that folks seem to like more than another. For example, if you wind up with 25 "enlistees" and an end result of 20 "ribbons" awarded, I'd be interested in knowing....don't need names/log-ons...just numbers...may be worth "marketing" a future campaign? Kinda like a "what's hot, what's not?" Dunno.....

I will do my best to keep this updated. If, however, after a couple of weeks after being approved, and you don't see your campaign there, shoot me a PM to politely (hehehe) "remind" me to get it up there.

Mike!
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 08:18 AM UTC
Very nice tool - thanks for sharing.

I see a couple of things thats seem to need correction, but maybe I am not understanding the datelines correct.
The ending dates for the following campaigns seem to be incorrect compared with the campaign overview list:

Father and Son
Puffing dragon
Under new management
Wheels and tires

Also Desert fever was not a diorama campaign, but an AFV campaign. Not that it matters anymore as it is finished.

But maybe I am misunderstanding something in the table.....
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 08:28 AM UTC
Jesper,

Damn!!!! Right you are!!!! On several accounts! I sorted things at one time, and it didn't sort the timelines.....crud's at me for not verifying! Don't I feel the foolish one now! Yep. 2007 is probably dorked at the moment....2008 is correct (just did them).

I'll resort/refix/repost/regurgitate and fix 'er up. Thanks....virgin idea....and thank you for the head's up!

Mike
Removed by original poster on 12/26/07 - 04:08:59 (GMT).
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 09:15 AM UTC
Okay, barring further "duh 'ness" on me, it should be right. How embarrasing.

As indicated, I'll update it as needed. I'm thinking the only thing that'll need to be "righted" is the pic of the spreadsheet.....I'll indicate the change one way or the other!

Mike
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 1,148 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 09:22 AM UTC
Looks good Mike, I like the layout alot and it will keep people from having to go into the actual campaign section to see the open spots......great work
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 10:06 AM UTC
Mike,
this tool may be helpfull for everyone who deals with campaigns - I've done something like this for myself since I'm involved in 5 campaigns in 2008 (maybe more - I don't know what will happen). It sure will help to plan the modeling and purchasing time.

Andrzej
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 10:14 AM UTC
Andrzej,

You nailed it on the head. Our intent is to have this kind of thing help the Admin, Campaign Leads, and the participants "figure out what's going on." A helpful tool for all of us to plan our "Campaigning" out.

Campaigns Rule!!

Mike
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 05:47 PM UTC
hello Mike,
i have a 2008 calendar which i mark the start and stop dates in each month of the campaigns i have signed up for.i also have a folder divided into months with a print out of the campaigns i have signed up for.this also lets me look at the rules and reg's for each campaign,and what model i need.i also put down ideas for each campaign,what model is needed,and any paint i need to order.
is the spread sheet going to be posted in the campaign page so we can print it?also with you and Mark, talking are you going to keep the campaigns so there are not alot going on at one time.if there is 4-6 campaigns going on with either the same start or end time within a month,it might be hard to finish 1 or 2 campaigns in time.
maybe what is needed is alonger time for some campaigns.i am a slow builder,it took me 4 months to build a tamiya grant oob,with no p.e. or am.
i think that the campaign's i have looked at or signed up for are a good crossslice of the modeling community so i am happy.but i have not signed up for some because of the time limits,and not just on the armor site.
everything that you have done looks great to me,thanks for the hard work.
cheers,
Bruce
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 12:23 AM UTC
Looks good, Mike. A useful tool to manage the many interesting campaigns.

Thanks for the effort
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 12:37 AM UTC
I like the chart, helps put this right in order. Thanks for the work you put into it.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 06:30 AM UTC
Good job Mike!

Before you corrected it, I was scratching my head about my campaign, "What? Puffing Dragon ended already?!?" Thanks Jesper for pointing out.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 10:04 AM UTC
Emre,
I think that history is full of mistakes like this (when nobody knows when something ends)... Take as an example the end of WWII - whole world was celebrating one day before Soviet Union did... (since the Poland was under Soviet Union jurisdiction we had to celebrate one day after everybody else too...)
In comparison with this one any mistake is quite small
BTW I regret that I've joined the Armorama to late to enlist to your campaign (I don't have any model in my closet and I don't have enough time to build it... I still haven't finish my model fo White-Washed campaign...) I do love fire so the flamethrower campaign is quite interesting for me...

Greetings from Poland - I know some great guys in Istambul and I've visited your city few months ago - beautifull place!

Andrzej
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 03:55 AM UTC
Alrighty then....the Campaign Schedule is updated as of (1 April 2008) this morning.

Instead of just "replacing" the image showing the various campaigns, I think I'll just post a new image...in that way, folks can get a glimpse of past campains.

Best recommendation for new campaigns would be with a start date of mid- to late-2008.

Mike
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 04:08 AM UTC
BZ

Mike

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 02:26 AM UTC
Updated to add new Campaigns and to correct "BlitzKreig's" end date.

Mike
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 06:47 AM UTC
hello Mike,
thanks for the changes and updates.
cheers,
Bruce
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Mike,
thanks for the changes and updates.
cheers,
Bruce

Any time! And, to reiterate, if I do an "Ooopso" and forget/neglect/mess up something, let me know!

Mike
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:45 PM UTC
I just wanted to say thanks again for making this up Mike. I use my personal one that you sent me all of the time. Very handy indeed.

HARV
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 02:56 AM UTC
Added two more approved Campaigns:

Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 12:47 AM UTC
Updated with date changes:

I've also started to put "end dates" in.

Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC
Updated

Mike
jccraemer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 - 03:23 PM UTC
mike thanks for the chart
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
Updated with date changes and new Campaigns.

Mike

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 - 12:22 AM UTC
My, my, my....you all have been busy!

Mike
 _GOTOTOP