_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AMPS 2008 Show Updates
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 02:15 PM UTC
We're eighty days away from the April 10-12 show in Auburn IN. Just to tease and tempt you all, have a look at some highlights:

* WW2Victory Museum: an unbelieveable collection of over 150 WW2 era vehicle including nine of which (like the SdKfz 251A) are the sole surviving example
* ELEVEN Seminar Speakers which include 3 WW2 tank vets (US, British and German) who are well versed in tank combat and technology. Also, modelling luminaries (Nick Cortese, Chris Mrosko, Robert Menansherob, Ron Volstad, Tom Jentz, Mark Steacy, Bill Chilstrom and Jim Mesko)
* TACOM technical drawing archive. Tour the repository and see samples of the archive of 200,000 drawings from US AFV and artillery design from the 1930s to 1980s.
* VENDOR ROOM: Ohhhh! My aching wallet. For a preliminary list, go HERE
* AMPS Model Contest: See hundreds of the world's best armor models.
* Two field trips to other area Armor collections including Fred Ropkey's musuem which includes over sixteen restored and running tanks
* Special Photographer's tour: While the displays are awesome, for an additional museum donation, you can get special privileges to get up close. Email me for more info.
* Meet Armorama representatives (they've supported the show previously) and others from the Armorama community.

For more updates, go HERE

For registration information, go HERE

Thnx all.
Roy Chow
AMPS 1st VP
2008 AMPS International Show Chairman
April 10-12, 2008 WW2 Victory Museum, Auburn IN
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 03:54 PM UTC
Glad you posted this Roy it reminded me to pre-register and to update the KCAMPS site with the URL to your info.

Looking forward to my 1st AMPS (my models made it in 06 but I didn't due to an accident).

_GOTOTOP