_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Tankograd Panzerkampfwagen I
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 - 06:35 PM UTC
Matthew Quiroz (Red4) takes an in-depth look at Tankograd Publishing's recent release in their Wehrmacht Special series dealing with the Panzerkampfwagen I and its variants.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 - 10:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the review Mathew. I have a few of these books (KV1, KV2, Pzr III & IV) and can agree with your general impressions. They have a pretty standard format regardless what the subject is, and they are quite useful for their series of sharp images included.
I´d still prefer the Achtung Panzer type series of books for the break down of different details, but this would be an excellent compliment.
DoctorFaust
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 - 10:14 PM UTC
What's that thing in the lower right corner? An early Bison? It's wonderfully ugly!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:50 AM UTC
One thing the book does have, is (unless i'm mistaken) a TOTALLY new photo of the Pz1 'Breda' - as these images are as rare as teeth on a hen...

As I'm the contact for Tankograd, I must admit to letting it out of my clutches with great reluctance It really is an extraordinarily good book...
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Armorama: 1,867 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 04:30 AM UTC
As Jim mentioned there is a picture of the Breda shown, albeit just one, it makes the otherwise tiny vehicle take on a more menacing look. I'm not well versed on the Pz1, but this book is helping me get there. Thanks, "Q"
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 705 posts
Armorama: 505 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 04:12 PM UTC
Thanks for the review Matthew.
This is definitely my favorite series of tanks and it good to get more information on an often overlooked vehicle

-Bruce
 _GOTOTOP