Hosted by Darren Baker
Australian M113 FSV Interior Detail?
asobehart
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:19 PM UTC
IS there any kits available to build the interior of a Australian M113 FSV (Fire Support Vehicle)? I have lots of pictures and a few books on the subject, but before attempting the build I thought I would check to see if there are any shortcuts that exist,

Speaking of which, does anyone have anything to say about the Edward detail set that is supposed to be for the Tamyia model? I have not seen anything about it except for a bad picture of the PE and it is hard to tell what is included and if it is interior or exterior details,

Thanks!
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Speaking of which, does anyone have anything to say about the Edward detail set that is supposed to be for the Tamyia model? I have not seen anything about it except for a bad picture of the PE and it is hard to tell what is included and if it is interior or exterior details

Hi Andy

You can check out Eduard's website for the instruction sheet of set #35274 in PDF format :

M113A1 FSV Set#35274

HTH
Frenchy
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:02 PM UTC
Thanks Frency! Looks like extrerior only,still helpful though.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:05 PM UTC
Whoa - the Eduard set shown is for the Scorpion-turretted version, not Tamiya's which has the earlier Saladin turret.

David
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 09:09 PM UTC
Andy,

Are you working on the Tamiya Saladin turreted M113 FSV or AFV Club Scorpion turreted M113A1 FSV (MRV). Either way, Military Briefs No.1 - Australian Fire Support Vehicles is a very good reference.

The PE set that Frenchy mentioned is for the AFV Club kit but I got one to use on the Tamiya kit for the hull bits and the turret PE will have to go to Scorpion CVR(t) kit.

Not great pictures but have you seen this build:
http://www.mheaust.com.au/Aust/gallery/fsv/SaladinFSV.htm

Paul
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Whoa - the Eduard set shown is for the Scorpion-turretted version, not Tamiya's which has the earlier Saladin turret.

Now I know why the turret drawing on the instruction sheet looked a bit weird to me

Frenchy
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 11:41 PM UTC
Paul,

Good catch, thanks. Although I was going to get it for the hull anyway for the Tamyia kit. And if I can ever find one I plan on doing the AFV Club kit as well. I have the book you mentioned as well as several pieces from Mouse House but I still needed a few odds, not including the interior, which is why I had asked about the Edward kit.

Thanks again!
 _GOTOTOP