Hosted by Darren Baker
La Factoria (Part 1)
PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:10 AM UTC
Just the building on its own looks like a masterpiece. Absolutely stunning. Cant wait to see the whole dio completed.

Brilliant

Des
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just the building on its own looks like a masterpiece. Absolutely stunning. Cant wait to see the whole dio completed.

Brilliant

Des

you're way to kind
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 10:10 AM UTC
Shaping up nicely PIT.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 11:39 AM UTC
thank you grumpy
nighty night

Tha Pit
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 853 posts
Armorama: 515 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 01:34 PM UTC
Whoa! Why on earth were you hesitant to post? It's very good. Keep showing your progress please.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 01:57 PM UTC
AWESOME JOB !, Love the building, its FANTASTIC, Cant wait to see the completed dio. Keep On Modeling !
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2008 - 09:39 AM UTC
small update, managed to get at least one together, some home made scratch thingies, hooks to tighten a cover canvas at the top of the armoured structure,some pe hooks I made, attachment for the irronbar at the side, ropes and rings to hold the rearplate, and some fiddeling inside to get some things to at least look something like an interior, lousy fit,
made some weldseams with mr surfacer and some thinned glue, I'll see how good that worked once I start painting,didn't want to overdo it,but if not enough it's easier to add some then to remove some ,
well hope you like it ,you all been good to me in previous post

Greetz Tha Pit
bazooka
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 98 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 04:50 AM UTC
just one word.....NUTS!!!!
this will be a stunning dio
congrats
bazooka
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 06:47 AM UTC
Nuts?? coming from a german LOL
thanks,alright then enough laughing, when looking at my painted MArder I realized that the intrance to the rear fighting compartement was quit high, so in order to have a look inside they build the officers a quick stairway (I put it onb M60 rollers I had left, so they could tilt it and move it around )
and for show purposes they put a brand new Pak onto some hastly build "table" so the guests would have a nice view of the mechanics of the new piece
hope you like

Greetz
Tha Pit
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 08:12 AM UTC
here comes the nutcase again

decided the kitpieces where way to thick, so I sarted on building my own upperhull,and I will be using a Pak from Avf, or Dragon witch one you guys like the most??

enough said, pics

original part

"Jig"

some inspectors

greetz Tha Pit

JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 510 posts
Armorama: 469 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 09:12 AM UTC
Looking really good there. You go through way too much work! I would go for the Dragon kit myself. I like them quite a bit.

Keep it up!
-Mike
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 10:56 AM UTC
thanks Mike, but Dml's version isn't on the Lorraine

greetz Tha Pit
dispatcher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 396 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 12:36 PM UTC
Well things are looking good for now. I have found some pictures of the Marder 1 in Panzers at Saumur #3. The pictures are of both inside & outside. The pictures might give you more information about the interior of the gun compartment and drivers compartment.
Joe
RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 10:28 PM UTC
Whhooowwww Pit

I can only say it looks great. Where did you got the idea of making that jig? Did you have some ref pics for that? Is it only for constructing use now or are you going to place it in la factoria aswell??
The inspectors look good. I wonder were you will take this dio. You got my attention though

Grtz

Quoted Text

some windows and a door (note: door has been changed in later pics, because I forgot to have a "kaderement" for the door,( the wood where the door hangs into)
added some drainpipes (woodsticks , straw from juice, alufoli and some copperwire)

I had a great laugh Sometimes it's not easy when you don't know the right words in English. "Kaderement" heb me ziek gelachen..... en ik peins dat ze chambrang ook nie verstaan. Whoehahahahaa

Pit you're the best.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 10:57 PM UTC
Nice work so far, looking good.

Al
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Whhooowwww Pit

I can only say it looks great. Where did you got the idea of making that jig? Did you have some ref pics for that? Is it only for constructing use now or are you going to place it in la factoria aswell??
The inspectors look good. I wonder were you will take this dio. You got my attention though

Grtz

Quoted Text

some windows and a door (note: door has been changed in later pics, because I forgot to have a "kaderement" for the door,( the wood where the door hangs into)
added some drainpipes (woodsticks , straw from juice, alufoli and some copperwire)

I had a great laugh Sometimes it's not easy when you don't know the right words in English. "Kaderement" heb me ziek gelachen..... en ik peins dat ze chambrang ook nie verstaan. Whoehahahahaa

Pit you're the best.

't es nie moeilijk, 't es gemakkelijk LOL
tieze filté, een coedde,enduiséren ....tja da frans hé

doorsills moet da zijn ...ofzoiets LOL
ok English, otherwise some people will think we're from Al-qaida

the jig,...I don't know where it came from, I had an education as Steelworker, and I figured it to be the easiest way one can weld a serie of parts , all in the same angle, so the one I made isn't historical, it's something I invented to get the right angles on the plates, µI have another jig for the front plates too, and I will have to make one for the other side, and for the back plate.
I make'm of balsawood, I bought a 'plank' (timber?) of 5mm thick , and started to cut a piece of witch I then cut into "6by4's " balken (I don't have those woody words in my dictionary )
Then I took the kitpart, and made my jig, some woodglue and some patience(in other words, I started something else )
well I'm happy people like my chaotic modeling live, encourages me to be more productive
(if ever a day had 48 hours:-)
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 06:22 AM UTC
Nice work all round, I like the strairway and the jig for welding the armor plates together. I'm not familiar with these Marders at all can you suggest a reference as I'd like to have a go at one.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 07:31 AM UTC
I may have something to avoid the plaster castings...I've been trying out a system involving air-drying modeling clay rolled onto plastic sheets (no warping ) and building a little tool which (theoretically) you simply press into the damp clay - to simulate stonework or even brick...

The plastic i'm using is large (1 metre X 1 metre) sheets which is sold to architectural students. I'm working to get a feature together on it...
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 08:17 AM UTC
thanks guys for the intrest show for my work,
Jim I'm looking forward to that artikel!
I have tried different sorts of artist clay, all saying , no to minimal wrap or schrinkage (yeah right, hope you found the good stuff
mine wrapped, was it not at first then after painting, or even some did manage to get wrapping in my displaycase
i've been trying to make casts for bricks, but it seems like inpossible (given my means) to achive a good ,continues result

as said looking forward to that artikel

greetz Tha Pit
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 09:43 AM UTC
Dude, it looks awesome.
Keep up the good work -truly a great dio.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2008 - 09:22 AM UTC
update, made the other side of the superstructure, and the back wall, and a current state of La Factoria

Greetz Tha Pit
ausboarder
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 12:48 AM UTC
Im sorry if someone has already asked you this but there was to many comments to read through,

what did you use for molds for the main building ?

and if you could please reply to me through a private message (save me coming back into the thread )
 _GOTOTOP