_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Latest from Trumpeter in 35th Scale
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 06:21 AM UTC
Trumpeter, through their U.S. Importer, have just announced two significant releases in the form of a German Geschutzwagen IVb and (considerably more in the mainstream), an Sd.kfz.7 8-Ton Halftrack... The full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:25 AM UTC
Yes yes yes, a Geschutzwagen IVb with interior..... hoera. Going on the interior with the Brueckenleger this should be good. Very good. My name is on one of these, with great anticipation.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:28 AM UTC
Cartwheeling with joy at the new Sdkfz 7... However, 848 parts?!? Oh my... It will take me years to build it at my slow speed...

Still, very good news indeed!
dispatcher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 396 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 07:58 AM UTC
I hope Trumpeter reads our threads here. I've never seen one of their armour kits, just saw ICM and Bronco kits for the first time yesterday. I will volunteer to do a pre release build on their Sdkfz 7 kit. I'll even volunteer to do a Bronco or ICM German armour kit not reviwed here already.
Joe
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
Armorama: 473 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 08:29 AM UTC
This is great news!! How long till Dragon does the Sdkfz.7? These two companies seem to go head to head with almost everything.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

However, 848 parts?!? Oh my...

Same thing I said until I read that 384 of them are for track links! Still, it's new and should (hopefully) be cheaper than the Ebay listngs for the Tamiya version so it's great news.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:37 AM UTC
Awesome News ! Cant wait to get one.....Thanks for the heads up on this item.
ViperAtl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 05:46 PM UTC
Indy track links = joy and realism.

Tedious but with patience you'll be amazed at how fast you can slap them together. Even faster if they are Magic Tracks.

However, should I wait for the Dragon kit with corrections that Trumpeter might make? Only my hobby shop knows.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 06:42 PM UTC
I'm with you guys on the Sd. Kfz. 7! I think we all expect that Dragon, and maybe even AFV Club, will also put one out shortly! I might just wait. Naaah....I'll buy one now! Wait and see how fast the price of the old Tamiya kits drop when this newer more accurate kit hits the market.

Jeff
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:29 PM UTC
Great news, I will buy one of those - maybe more. I am already considering a diorama of some these Sd.Kfz. hauling a damaged Panther.

Thanks for the update
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 10:37 PM UTC
Long Overdue it is great to see.

So now where is the 203 MM Russian Artillery piece.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

However, should I wait for the Dragon kit with corrections that Trumpeter might make?

Why should buying this be conditional on what DML does (or doesn't) release is beyond me..
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 382 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 01:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Long Overdue it is great to see.

So now where is the 203 MM Russian Artillery piece.

AGREED!!!!!
where is it ? All manufacturers please see this thread!! finding this Russian fieldpiece is like finding the Holy Grail!
CombatKrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 517 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 01:29 AM UTC
I was hoping for more Modern Armour kits from them...
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 03:06 AM UTC
Rejoice, indeed I'm really looking forward to the SD.kfz 7
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

However, should I wait for the Dragon kit with corrections that Trumpeter might make?

Why should buying this be conditional on what DML does (or doesn't) release is beyond me..

Jim...I guess because we know the usual Modis Operendi (i.e. all releasing versions of the same kit at once) of these companies some people would rather wait until all of the kits are out , wait for the reviews, and then make a final judgement. If I'm going to buy a kit I want the one that has the features that best suit my needs. I bought the DML Flakpanzer 38(t)...If I had been smart and waited I would have gotten the Tristar version. I really can only afford to buy one..... so why not the best one. That having been said.....I've waited a long time for this kit and I'm usually not disappointed with Trumpeter and will probably end up with this kit at some point.
Thanks for bringing us the latest and greatest in the modelling world.

Jeff
sadodd
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 270 posts
Armorama: 269 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 04:02 AM UTC
Fellas, fellas,

Don't make any difference to me, looks like a very interesting kit. Admittedly I don't know a kfz from a kfc ( other than I like popcorn chicken) but this one caught my eye. I'll probably pay hell for the price of one but you only live once, right?
Removed by original poster on 03/20/08 - 17:50:23 (GMT).
This post was removed.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jim...I guess because we know the usual Modis Operendi (i.e. all releasing versions of the same kit at once) of these companies some people would rather wait until all of the kits are out , wait for the reviews, and then make a final judgement. If I'm going to buy a kit I want the one that has the features that best suit my needs.

Just going along with what others are expressing, there seems to be a belief that, somehow, only DML are capable of doing particular subjects and that if another manufacturer does the same subject, they are somehow 'inferior' to DML. I take your point on (correctly) waiting to see if there ARE going to be other offerings from other manufacturers. However, there hasn't been any signs of it (24 hours later ) so, let's assume that DML might let this one pass. Personally, I think they'll announce in the next week or two. I've got a LOT of faith in Trumpeter - the only time modelers felt 'short-changed' was with their Stryker.

As far as AFV Club, i'm sorry they DIDN'T take the opportunity a year or two ago. Saying that, i'm more than happy with their release list for the next few months.

No, in the final analysis, what I get really irked at is repeating the same 'paper-panzer' , I guess the market could (easily) support a couple of Sd Kfz 7s...

What will be pitiful in the extreme will be a re-issue of it from Tamiya - no odds being given, this a 100% certainty...
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 07:35 AM UTC
Though I currently have 2 old Tamiyas in the works, I welcome updated kits like this. I don't know how much of it I can "scratch build" on those old workhorses, but I would not want to wait for another manufacturer, since Trumpeter's kit isn't even in the pipeline yet.
Negrillo
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:16 AM UTC
Looks good - just the thing for the AFV Club "88" or the DML Howitzer etc

It will probably build up into a nice Condor Legion vehicle !

http://www.sonicmodel.com/topicdisplay.asp?BoardID=3&Page=1&TopicID=2289971
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 09:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What will be pitiful in the extreme will be a re-issue of it from Tamiya - no odds being given, this a 100% certainty...

Hah, that's for sure... Same old trick, "Oh, we had something like that in the cupboard, eh?" response. Slap a couple of figures, make a new box and let the "old dogs" loose.

Still, I won't mind this tricking business as long as it sustains the firm and reflected to us as brand new kits.
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 12:10 PM UTC
Personally I dont care wether one manufacturer has a rivet missing under the left fender or not ....Im just plain glad we HAVE the ability to choose our subject matter from more than 1 manuracturer!! I saved for a while,and bought that Verlinden feild gun and both Trumpeter AND Dragon promptly released their kits at a fraction of the cost....but Im not bitter. Looking at the bigger picture we are in the GOLDEN YEARS here guys!! relax and enjoy modelling! I know I am!
ViperAtl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 - 04:39 PM UTC
In response to my earlier post (scroll up) I made mention of waiting until DML unloads their kit before I buy. Actually I've had another "moment" in the model closet while digging for a kit to trade recently.

I have too damn many kits and at the rate that I build I'll die long before I finish the current stack of stuff. Thus my buying habits will now be centered on tools, reference and some aftermarket stuff. The exception will be for short run or limited production kits. If I do buy a mainstream kit it will be because I really really really really really need the damn thing to throw on the pile.

Times are a changing.

_GOTOTOP