_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
LRDG Jeep
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 484 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:11 AM UTC
Hi,

I must confest something This is not a LRDG Jeep I made a mistake on this one, its a SAS Jeep.
I doint know why I made this mistake, maybe I was in a hurry to build this litle gem and overlooked the group where hes belonging to :-(
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second special Jeep
This is also the Italeri command car this time with Legend LRDG conversion set.
I must say about the Legend kit its not worth the money, if you buy a Jerrycanset from Italeri and some plastik strip and some parts uot the spare parts box you saved yourself a lot of money

WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:16 AM UTC
This looks great Ron.

Lots of visual interest for the eye. Jeeze the long belt feed on the 50cal is neat. I like this---this is good stuff.

Steve
ps: Just curious--what is the plastic strip behind the right front wheel?
Toysoldier
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
Looks very good Ronald.

A bit of the track but is it true that the Italeri Commando Car is of superior quality to
the Tamiya SAS Jeep ? I have built the Tamiya one and must say it is not too bad. Also for other people wanting to do this kit, a lot of the extras provided in the Legends set can be found in the Tamiya kit.

T
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 04:41 AM UTC
Ronald - the jeep is lookin' pretty good. Even with less that great stuff you're putting together a nice one.
I have just built this jeep and had a gap problem on the dashboard. I can't tell if yours has it. Easy enough to add putty.

Toysoldier
I just built this jeep. Not even close to the Tamiya jeep. Go Tamiya no question
shermanfreak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 06:40 AM UTC
Another great looking build Ronald. If you keep this up though you're going to be forced to open a "Jeep Site" to compliment your already great "Recovery Site".
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 09:15 AM UTC
Looks like a good start Ronald.
Keep us posted,

Andrew

Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 09:32 AM UTC
Thnx guys,

Steve, the white piece behind the frontwheel is a piece of paper to hold the wheel(s) on place due there lose fit

Toysoldier, I can nothing say about the quality between the Italeri and Tamiya SAS Jeep, never build the Tamiya one

Shermanfreak, This is maybe the last jeep that i build and setup a site for three Jeeps, I doint think so :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:16 AM UTC
Nice little kit again Ronald. Its nice to see them raw. Will you display the two together in some little dio? Would be very cool!
Ronald_Kok
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice little kit again Ronald. Its nice to see them raw. Will you display the two together in some little dio? Would be very cool!

Hi Plasticbattle,

Nice idea off course, but imposible this is the dessert type used by the LRDG and the SAS Jeep was used in Europe

But this one go`s with a Chevy in a dio.
 _GOTOTOP