_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Buildings & Ruins
Ruined buildings and city scenes.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Help anybody out there responding
Removed by original poster on 04/19/08 - 20:35:51 (GMT).
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 03:17 AM UTC
a light, dilute spray of a dust type color (perhaps buff of light tan) will go a long way towards doing this.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 03:27 AM UTC
You can try sanding the front of the poster with very fine sand-paper. Staining with diluted washes also works. You can try tearing a corner off, or CAREFULLY burning the edges. The burning technique is easier with larger posters. Vary the amount of weathering because some posters will be newer than others. Also try overlaying one poster over another with just an edge sticking out from underneath. Hope this helps.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 03:44 AM UTC
I've done ration cartons using pigment powders and/or chalk pastel colors. seemed to work fairly well.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 07:36 AM UTC
Damien, I use one of two methods. My favourite is to take the printed out poster, and roll it diagonally from one corner to the opposite (top right to bottom left), very tightly, like a very slim joint. Then unroll it and repeat from the opposite angle (top left to bottom right). Then flip the poster over and do the same thing on the reverse. This'll make the printed ink crack and look worn. Then paste it onto the wall or door or wherever it goes on the dio and rub some pastels in to make it look like dust from the surroundings. How much dust depends on the terrain. It should look like this:

If you prefer the poster to look really faded and worn (as if it has been in wet weather), do the same as above, but then soak )for about half a minute) it in a mix of water and white glue before sticking it on. The water will wash out the lighter colours and leave only the darkest tones, giving you this result:

Take extra prints and experiment.
Warcujo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 02:54 AM UTC
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 06:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks alote and dont worry I definitly now how to roll a good Slim joint I am Canadian.And I live near a compassion club

_GOTOTOP