_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
DML Jagdtiger Henschel
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 04:59 AM UTC
After the Bison Bashing effort, I decided to tackle something a little simpler and pulled out DML's Jagdtiger from the stash. This particular build project will be mostly OOB with the exception of the MK tracks and Armorscale barrel. The kit comes with an aluminum barrel but it lacks rifling, and for a gun of this size at 12.8 cm, it's noticeable. The kit provides Magic Tracks but I wanted workables since I also have decided to leave off the side skirts altogether.

So, to start with Step 1, the first thing that needed modification were the sprockets and idlers with parts included in the MK set. These modifications allow for the sprockets to be freely rotating vs. fixed and the idlers to both freely rotate and be positionable on the mount arm for track tensioning, a valuable addition later on. For the sprockets, it was necessary to remove a semi-circular pour plug from inside the outer half to allow for clearance of the added MK part. This was no easy task as the plug was roughly half the height of the part itself, so a combination of sprue cutters and careful knife work as well as using a circular needle file had to be employed. As an older kit, there was also some minor flash that needed to be removed, particular on the inner spoke surfaces.

The idlers were a little easier to work with. Their modification required parts on the inside to allow it to rotate freely as well as a small piece added to the mount arm that inserts into the hull directly. The small added piece increases the diameter just enough to make it a tight friction fit and allow the idler arm to be moved and still hold its position.

With that out of the way, the rest of Step 1 was completed by removing the 18 road wheels from the sprues and removing their mold seam with a sanding board one by one. The wheels were then glued into pairs along with the now assembled sprockets and idlers. The sprockets had a small gap on their inner surfaces where the two halves were joined, this was filled with putty and sanded down carefully with a sanding twig.

Step 2 calls for the installation of the front side hull points for the final drive mounts as well as all the suspension arms. The hull points had a small gap where they meet up with the hull nose plate, this was filled with putty and sanded down. The suspension arms were installed and all the road wheels dry fit to insure a level set. I left the vehicle on a level surface overnight to insure a nice solid fit before moving on to the next steps.

Step 3 calls for the installation of the road wheels along with the final drive mounts and idlers and Step 4 installs the hub ends to secure the wheels in place. The sprocket and idler are not glued in place at this point, only dry fit to insure proper alignment and will be pulled off for painting before final installation. The road wheels are rotatable and the hubs were such a tight friction fit that no glue was necessary to get them into position, although a little bit of strategic pressure was called for on some arms.

Step 5 deals with the rear hull plate and its details. I left off the jack block and the towing clevises as those will be detailed and installed later. The exhausts are each a two-part assembly and the resulting seam was sanded down before the exhausts were installed. Their fit is a little loose to the cut-outs in the rear plate, so I had to exercise care to insure they were truly vertical.

Step 6 then installs the plate to the hull. The lower join had a prominent gap that required putty and sanding to fill.

Step 7 deals with the construction of the jack, which had three very prominent ejector marks on one side that needed putty and sanding. The "foot" of the jack also had an ejector mark in the center that received the same treatment. The jack was installed into its brackets and two pieces of PE marked as not for use on the fret, MA5, were used to close the brackets vs. just stay open. The armored exhaust covers were also installed along with the rear fenders. The right side fender slipped out of alignment just a bit but was corrected after taking this photo with some liquid glue and finger pressure.

Step 8 deals with the rear superstructure plate. I decided to keep the hatches closed and didn't bother with the interior parts of the hatches. They had ejector marks on the interior surfaces and the latch details also had marks that would've been a challenge to deal with, so I saved a bit of time by just closing them up. The holes for the grab handles are over-sized as you can see in this photo, they were filled with putty once the handles had set up.

Step 9 calls for the installation of the rear plate to the superstructure/upper hull. The fit is pretty good, only some small sanding was necessary on the "ears" for the side plates to achieve a smooth finish. The lifting eyes on the rear engine deck were also installed, the instructions here have 2 errors, parts D12 are really B12 and D20 is really B20. The right side hull details were also added and some molded on locator marks that aren't used were carefully scraped off with a #11 blade and lightly sanded. The spare track hooks are an exercise in patience to install and align properly, I used a link from the MK set to help insure they were level and lined up, working one set at a time.

GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After the Bison Bashing effort, I decided to tackle something a little simpler and pulled out DML's Jagdtiger from the stash. This particular build project will be mostly OOB with the exception of the MK tracks and Armorscale barrel. The kit comes with an aluminum barrel but it lacks rifling, and for a gun of this size at 12.8 cm, it's noticeable. The kit provides Magic Tracks but I wanted workables since I also have decided to leave off the side skirts altogether.

So, to start with Step 1, the first thing that needed modification were the sprockets and idlers with parts included in the MK set. These modifications allow for the sprockets to be freely rotating vs. fixed and the idlers to both freely rotate and be positionable on the mount arm for track tensioning, a valuable addition later on. For the sprockets, it was necessary to remove a semi-circular pour plug from inside the outer half to allow for clearance of the added MK part. This was no easy task as the plug was roughly half the height of the part itself, so a combination of sprue cutters and careful knife work as well as using a circular needle file had to be employed. As an older kit, there was also some minor flash that needed to be removed, particular on the inner spoke surfaces.

The idlers were a little easier to work with. Their modification required parts on the inside to allow it to rotate freely as well as a small piece added to the mount arm that inserts into the hull directly. The small added piece increases the diameter just enough to make it a tight friction fit and allow the idler arm to be moved and still hold its position.

With that out of the way, the rest of Step 1 was completed by removing the 18 road wheels from the sprues and removing their mold seam with a sanding board one by one. The wheels were then glued into pairs along with the now assembled sprockets and idlers. The sprockets had a small gap on their inner surfaces where the two halves were joined, this was filled with putty and sanded down carefully with a sanding twig.

Step 2 calls for the installation of the front side hull points for the final drive mounts as well as all the suspension arms. The hull points had a small gap where they meet up with the hull nose plate, this was filled with putty and sanded down. The suspension arms were installed and all the road wheels dry fit to insure a level set. I left the vehicle on a level surface overnight to insure a nice solid fit before moving on to the next steps.

Step 3 calls for the installation of the road wheels along with the final drive mounts and idlers and Step 4 installs the hub ends to secure the wheels in place. The sprocket and idler are not glued in place at this point, only dry fit to insure proper alignment and will be pulled off for painting before final installation. The road wheels are rotatable and the hubs were such a tight friction fit that no glue was necessary to get them into position, although a little bit of strategic pressure was called for on some arms.

Step 5 deals with the rear hull plate and its details. I left off the jack block and the towing clevises as those will be detailed and installed later. The exhausts are each a two-part assembly and the resulting seam was sanded down before the exhausts were installed. Their fit is a little loose to the cut-outs in the rear plate, so I had to exercise care to insure they were truly vertical.

Step 6 then installs the plate to the hull. The lower join had a prominent gap that required putty and sanding to fill.

Step 7 deals with the construction of the jack, which had three very prominent ejector marks on one side that needed putty and sanding. The "foot" of the jack also had an ejector mark in the center that received the same treatment. The jack was installed into its brackets and two pieces of PE marked as not for use on the fret, MA5, were used to close the brackets vs. just stay open. The armored exhaust covers were also installed along with the rear fenders. The right side fender slipped out of alignment just a bit but was corrected after taking this photo with some liquid glue and finger pressure.

Step 8 deals with the rear superstructure plate. I decided to keep the hatches closed and didn't bother with the interior parts of the hatches. They had ejector marks on the interior surfaces and the latch details also had marks that would've been a challenge to deal with, so I saved a bit of time by just closing them up. The holes for the grab handles are over-sized as you can see in this photo, they were filled with putty once the handles had set up.

Step 9 calls for the installation of the rear plate to the superstructure/upper hull. The fit is pretty good, only some small sanding was necessary on the "ears" for the side plates to achieve a smooth finish. The lifting eyes on the rear engine deck were also installed, the instructions here have 2 errors, parts D12 are really B12 and D20 is really B20. The right side hull details were also added and some molded on locator marks that aren't used were carefully scraped off with a #11 blade and lightly sanded. The spare track hooks are an exercise in patience to install and align properly, I used a link from the MK set to help insure they were level and lined up, working one set at a time.

Don't trust the instruction sheet. The majority of Jagdtigers and later batches of King Tigers were not issued with jacks or jack blocks. These were rated at only twenty tons, and it was deemed inappropriate for such a heavy vehicle (some crews disagreed and acquired jacks, which were tossed on the engine deck, since the mounts were no longer installed).
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 - 05:06 PM UTC
Thanks for the info Gerald, will have to see about modifying that to delete them.
Panzerkommandant
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 151 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hi Bill

nice,that you do a building report on the Jagdtiger. For this age, it is still a good kit.
Keep it going on Dragons first Premium Edition!

Have fun

Nils
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 12:55 PM UTC
Thanks Nils, appreciate the comments and interest.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 12:56 PM UTC
Work continued with Step 10, which deals with the construction of the main engine access hatch and the installation of the deck grills. The hatch plate, part C25, requires two holes to be opened up and the PE base plate for the AA MG mount installed. The base plate was installed using Gator Glue to allow for some work time and to insure that the holes on the plate lined up with the holes in the hatch. I used the base of the mount, part D26, to double-check that everything was lined up properly.

Each of the engine grills were removed from their fret and it's worth noting that the PE fret in this kit is not brass but rather steel, so it's much tougher to remove from the fret and clean-up. Thankfully I have a Dremel Mighty-Mite with a grinding bit that was able to handle the job.

Step 11 calls for the installation of the AA mount along with the fire extinguisher, wire cutters, and the periscopes for the different positions. The AA mount post, part D6, had a sink mark that needed to be filled and sanded. In addition, the diameter of the post is smaller than the support ribs on the base, so some putty was needed there as well to get everything looking integrated. This step also called for the installation of the small loops for a canvas tarp cover, but I've held off on that until later to avoid the possibility of knocking them off during handling.

Step 12 is a busy step, it installs the front superstructure plate along with the various hatches and periscope guards on the roof. The top hatch, D10, had 2 very nice ejector marks on the exterior surface, these were filled and sanded. The lower "ears" of the superstructure front plate had gaps on both sides that also needed putty and sanding.

I also installed the ball mount for the hull MG, replacing the kit MG with a spare left over from the DML Dicker Max kit. This required drilling out the solid face in the mount and carefully gluing the newer part in place to get the right alignment. The spare track link mounts were also installed in this step along with the inner halves of the travel lock hinges.

Step 13 is a simple one and deals with the construction and installation of the travel lock mainly. It also installs the driver and radio operator hatches which should have 2 handles each but the instructions only indicate to install 1 each yet there are holes provided for 2. The kit only provides 3 handles, parts B8, so a 4th was constructed out of brass rod.

The superstructure top lifting eyes were also installed in this step and they are only about half the width of the molded in slots they go into, requiring some putty work to fill those gaps as well.

Thaks to Gerald's info, I went back to the rear hull and cut off the brackets. I left their bases in place to fill the gaps and used some putty to deal with the rest. The jack block mount holes were blanked off on the interior with a small square of sheet styrene and then puttied and sanded to deal with them.

Step 14 constructs and installs the hull front Bosch light. This is a little tricky to accomplish because it sits right in the middle of the gun travel lock, so it's important to have left it workable to allow for a little flexibility.

Step 15 begins work on the main gun, assembling the breech and recoil housings. Initially I was going to use the Armorscale mantlet which would have required removing 7 mm from the end but in test fitting the barrel to the mantlet, the mantlet inexplicably cracked and the collar fragmented into a half dozen or so pieces, rendering it unusable. This didn't rule out using the Armorscale barrel though, it just meant keeping the DML items intact and working with them instead of replacing them outright.

Step 16 and Step 17 install the gun breech to the interior platform and then install the platform into the lower hull. The mount allows the gun to be fully movable but due to the weight of the aluminum barrel, this will be glued into position in the following steps.

Step 18 calls for the mating of the upper hull to the lower hull but I held off on that, constructing the gun as called for in Step 19 first. The Armorscale barrel was glued in place to the collar, D33, with the retaining part D32 first. D32 had 4 ejector marks on its outer surface that had to be carefully sanded down to keep its shape. Once that had dried, it was joined to the mantlet D37. This join had a small gap along the left side that needed some careful putty work to fill before the gun was ready to be installed.

Returning to Step 18, I carefully applied some liquid glue to the gun mounts on the interior and then glued the upper and lower hulls together. The gun was then installed as called for in Step 20 and propped up in position until the glue had set to hold it in position.

Rounding out the details, I'd tried to install the provided pre-formed metal towing brackets for the front and rear but it turns out they are too narrow to fit the eyes on the front and there aren't any holes on the back. With the upper and lower hulls already secured together, sanding them down wasn't an option so I went with the styrene towing eyes instead. I also attempted to construct the side towing cable as called for in the instructions but the gun cleaning rods, pat D34, are molded solid and a hole has to be drilled in them to take the towing cable wire. Unfortunately the wire provided is just a little too wide to fit through, a clear case where an AM set of PE brackets would serve much better. I will settle instead for the cleaning rods mounted with empty holes and the empty brackets also installed. The cleaning rods will be added later after painting.

All that's left now is to add the little PE loops around the superstructure top and build the tracks.
cach7
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 444 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi Bill, nice build so far. Watching with interest, i have this kit. I also bought some Fruil tracks for it. I maybe wrong, but isnt this kit new?
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 06:23 PM UTC
Moving right along on this, Bill, even with the problems encountered. Looking real good, I always enjoy your builds. Thanks for posting them.

Mike, I believe this kit was released summer/fall of 2005 and may soon be on the hard to find list.
Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 01:21 AM UTC
Nice build so far, Bill. I have to say I really enjoy your blogs, particularly the amount of details you're able to provide. Very interesting and helpful. Keep them coming... and thanks.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 02:23 AM UTC
Mike, as James points out, it's a "new" kit in the sense that it was released in 2005 but it's not a totally newly tooled kit. It borrows from the previous JT kit released by DML (kit # escapes me at the moment) but included new parts for the suspension and steel wheels, Magic Tracks, and PE and metal barrel upgrades. It was the forerunner of the "Premium" treatment that's common now.

James, thanks for the comments!

Ales, thanks for the support and glad you find the build logs of value.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 02:35 AM UTC
Another great build, Bill. I´ll be saving this one, as I have this kit to do also.
I have a build review from an old Model Military International magazine on this same version, and I was lead to believe the only problem was ejector pin marks on the tracks??? Must make a re-read of it.
Anyways ... very cool model when built .. looking forward to the paint job now!
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 12, 2008 - 07:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another great build, Bill. I´ll be saving this one, as I have this kit to do also.
I have a build review from an old Model Military International magazine on this same version, and I was lead to believe the only problem was ejector pin marks on the tracks??? Must make a re-read of it.
Anyways ... very cool model when built .. looking forward to the paint job now!

Thanks Frank, I'm looking forward to the painting stage as well, lots of room to work with on this beast. There are ejector marks on the Magic Tracks but several are to be found on various parts as well...the top hatch is the most prominent and they chose for the marks to be on the exterior vs. the interior surface...which is great if you want the hatch open, not so great if you don't and the reverse of the usual approach.
FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 243 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 04:39 AM UTC
i have the exact same kit in my stash Bill, hopefully your build will give me the jolt i need to start on it .... oh and it's looking a great build so far .... can't wait to see the finished article
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 05:09 AM UTC
I just finished this kit (of course) and now I wish I had waited.
Very helpful info for the next one.
thanks Bill,
Shaun
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 08:09 AM UTC
Thanks Brad, appreciate the comments!

Shaun, never can have too many of these big cats laying around. Sorry about the timing but glad you're still following along.
H_Ackermans
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,229 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 12:47 PM UTC
Looking great!

One question, the double handlebars on the hull front hatches, wasn't that only done in combination with the added sets of track hangers on the middle of the fighting compartment? Thus the late production JagdTigers?
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
Awesome build log Bill, thanks for putting it together. Always enjoy them, great tips. Have this kit in the stash as well, maybe one day soon will get to it. Looking forward to your finish.

Cheers -
Tim
Karasu
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 - 12:53 AM UTC
Thanks for the heads up on this kit I dragged mine out of the crypt a few days ago with a view to building it and your build will certainly help make it a smoother ride
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 - 07:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking great!

One question, the double handlebars on the hull front hatches, wasn't that only done in combination with the added sets of track hangers on the middle of the fighting compartment? Thus the late production JagdTigers?

Herbert, I honestly don't know...I went by the comments on Terry Ashley's review up on PMMS regarding the handles. http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/dragon/dr6285.htm If they don't belong on this version, this is a good time to pull them off and putty the holes before painting. Speaking of that, since it doesn't have the added set of track hangers, would this one have a soft or hard-edge camo scheme in your opinion?

Tj, Azrael, appreciate the interest and comments.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 02:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike, as James points out, it's a "new" kit in the sense that it was released in 2005 but it's not a totally newly tooled kit. It borrows from the previous JT kit released by DML (kit # escapes me at the moment) but included new parts for the suspension and steel wheels, Magic Tracks, and PE and metal barrel upgrades. It was the forerunner of the "Premium" treatment that's common now.

Bill, thanks for sharing your build -- am tracking it with keen interest. I think the kit is hard to get by now, but I was lucky enough to chance upon one when I was overseas last week.

Re: previous JT kit -- you may be referring to DML 9036 (?) The box says "Late Production Type". I was wondering why that kit has narrow tracks compared to the one you are building. DML also released a JT with Porsche suspension (DML 6051), and the tracks seem to be the same width as that of DML 9036.

Would you (or anyone) know why there are different track widths? Would narrow tracks imply a late production JT?

Thanks,

Tat
Panzerkommandant
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 151 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi everyone

Well, Dragons first kit of the Jagdtiger Henschel type (#60??) has a copyright of 1995 or 1996.
Then followed the Jagdtiger Porsche type. In the end of the 90ties the Henschel type was boxed by Revell Germany. The kit has`t the PE fret, but for Revell Dragon made the side skirts. The Dragon kit hasn`t them. I remeber me, I saw a Jagdtiger Henschel kit (also a #6???) which represented a late or final production type with 6 track hangers per side and on the front fenders those 2 things to make them more stabile. The kit which Bill is building is based on Dragons first release, with side skirts and the upgraded parts.
The Henschel and the Porsche running gear had a 80 cm wide track. The Henschel used the 9 teeth sprocket with the 2 different links type track. The Porsche used a 18 (?) teeth sprocket with the 5 links track. The one with this small link and the 3 smallish links between the normal link.

Nils
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 03:25 PM UTC
Today's update covers work that was actually done over the course of the last week in terms of the track construction for the MKs. I started out by removing the links from the sprues and cleaning them up first before starting assembly. Each link had 4 contact points that needed some attention with the bridge links requiring a little extra care due to their smaller size.

Using the handy little jig provided in the set, each track run was constructed. The set includes both double and single pins for some reason, not really sure why, as they are the same just one part of the sprue has two pins on a single handle while the other has only one. You do have to be careful to make sure you install the correct pins on the inside and outside and these are clearly marked in the instructions and the sprues. A touch of glue to each head of the pin is all that's needed, then insert and let dry for a bit before removing the handles with sprue cutters. The jig holds 4 links at a time, but once you build the first set you can daisy-chain with the next 3 links and move right along.

After a week's worth of watching TV in the evenings and a little bit of time yesterday, before I knew it I had two fully workable track runs ready to go. The instructions suggest 98 links per side but test fits showed that I only needed 96 per side for the DML kit.

Once the runs were constructed, I test fit both of them using small pieces of blue masking tape to hold them together and check the sag and idler position.

The tracks were then removed along with the sprockets and idlers to get ready for painting. I made an attempt to use the kit-supplied PE loops for the hull top and rear deck sides, but they were so stiff since they are steel that it was impossible to bend the little feet in order to mount them, so I just left them off. I can easily see why steel isn't used as a normal PE item and, given the age of this kit, I'm glad that DML moved away from it to brass. The screens were great but the smaller details just didn't work out.

I used some blobs of poster blue-tack to protect the idler mounts from paint and then laid down a primer coat of Model Master's enamel Italian Dark Brown via airbrush. This is done for two reasons, 1) to check the putty work and seams to be sure everything's good and 2) to provide a foundation for the base coat and insure no bare plastic is left in the nooks and crannies.

Next came the basecoat of an 80/20 mix of Dunkelgelb/Light Gray. I actually ran out of my normal mix before finishing and had to mix up a new batch using Flat White instead of Light Gray, so there are some patches on the basecoat that are a little different from each other. Most of these will be covered by the camo pattern but what stays behind will have some nice subtle variation to it, so it's a win-win in my book.

Next came the camo patterns. I used Model Master enamel Khaki for the olive-green and a 50/50 mix of Model Master enamel Military Brown and Leather for the red-brown. The over-spray was touched up where needed and a very light misting of heavily thinned down Dunkelgelb applied to help tie everything in together.

Next up will be detailing and installing the missing pioneer equipment and other small details as well as the tracks.
H_Ackermans
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 2,229 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 09:05 AM UTC
Hi Bill,

It's looking very nice!

JagdTiger were being built at Nibelungenwerken from Ferbruary 1944 up to May 1945, with the highest output in December 1944 with 20 vehicles produced.

The majority was built after the order for hard-edge camo was given.
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 - 04:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bill,

It's looking very nice!

JagdTiger were being built at Nibelungenwerken from Ferbruary 1944 up to May 1945, with the highest output in December 1944 with 20 vehicles produced.

The majority was built after the order for hard-edge camo was given.

Thanks Herbert, as near as I can tell, the Henschel production started in Sept. but the extra hangers weren't added until November but I don't know how accurate that is exactly. The unit I'm building is assigned to the sPzJgApt 653 according to the DML instructions but no dates given so I'm running with a fall 1944 scenario I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtiger

http://www.panzerworld.net/jagdtiger.php

Don't know how credible the websites are being on the 'net, but it's more info than I had on hand to begin with for this project.
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 12:12 PM UTC
Great progress Bill, like your camo pattern so far. Again, appreciate the build log. How do you like those tracks? They look fairly simple to put together, I've used the Fruilmodel ones before, yet not ventured into the Modelkasten brand yet.

Any particular preference / ease of use? Thanks for the pics!

Cheers -
Tim
 _GOTOTOP