My Dio - "Look What I Found"
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 01:10 AM UTC
Hi Scott,

Congrats to a nice dio overall with a good layout!
Unfortunately, and i apologize because i coud have spotted that the first time, i think the continuous vertical gap in the wall , on the right side of the tunnel, near the sign, should not be there.
The stonework should have been adapted to show continous and alternate pose of the stones.
Probably to late to redo but some ivy could be used to hide it a bit.

You may also paint the inside of the chimney more black.

Waiting for some more pictures

Cheers
Claude

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 01:51 AM UTC
Nice one Scott. I remember the original thread and enjoyed this coming together. The trailer and barrels were a great addition to the scene, and fill it out nicely. I dont think it needs any other fillers now ... that would only take away from the details that are already there ... however ...

Quoted Text

i think the continuous vertical gap in the wall , on the right side of the tunnel, near the sign, should not be there. The stonework should have been adapted to show continous and alternate pose of the stones. Probably to late to redo but some ivy could be used to hide it a bit.

I totally agree with Claude. This is something that bugs me about Verlinden/CD buildings in general. MiniArt have done a better job of this. The spouting on the other gavel, hides this line, and some crawling ivy would both hide this very noticeable line plus add the age of the older brickwork.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 03:55 AM UTC
You guys are right. I totally missed that one too. Honestly, it's not a terrible fix to pull off- a bit of putty and some gray paint.
Pre-trailer I was toying with the idea of some type of electrical wire 'hanger/conductor' on the wall, maybe I can play a bit of putty with a hanger to hide it.
 _GOTOTOP