_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Bronco A13 Mk.I Cruiser Mk. III
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 01:46 PM UTC
Mike High provides an In-Box Review of the 1/35 Bronco A13 Mk. I Cruiser Mk. III.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review. Gald to see the arrival of this kit and lets hope Bronco do a few more of the Crusier family. The weakest point I see with the kit is the tracks. Judging by a build blog I saw om ML they are too short for the kit so lets hope Bronco sort this problem out or the AM guys come up with a replacement set.

Personally I'm glad they started with this version, opens up some good possibilities with the BEF.

Cheers

Al

Treadhead12
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 01:56 AM UTC
Thanks for the review. I found it useful and indicated that.

Yes, I would like to see some more 1940 BEF armor. I got the Tamiya Matilda II off e-bay earlier this year and bought the Osprey book on the Matilda. Besides the Matilda I and the Bren Carrier, was there any other 1940 BEF armor?
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 02:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Besides the Matilda I and the Bren Carrier, was there any other 1940 BEF armor?

Cruiser tanks A9, A10 and A13 Mark II (though the 1st Armoured Division was sent over late and didn't really from part of the BEF), as well as lots of the Light tank Mark VIB and C with divisional cavalry regiments. So far these are only available in resin, but Bronco plan an A13 Mark II for the fuuture. Carriers included the Bren, Scout and Cavalry versions as well as some Universal Carriers Mark I. There were also several marks of Dragon gun tractors on a similar chassis. Armoured cars were mainly Morris CS9 with a few Guys.

David

Treadhead12
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 02:02 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I forgot about the Vickers VI. I have to look up the history of the British 1st Armored Division. I am not sure it got into combat in France in 1940.

I did get some micro-armor miniatures to do some 'what if' British 1st AD in 1940. I went back and looked them over and I have some A9's and A10's. Now to come up with some possible engagements.
Treadhead12
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 03:26 AM UTC
Found some history of the British 1st Armored in France 1940

www.historicaleye.com/1starmoured.html

Interesting reading.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2008 - 05:14 AM UTC
Looks like a superb model.. HobbyLink Japan is taking pre-orders. The estimated cost $60 plus S/H or 46 Euros. This certainly is not cheap.
DJ
IdiotStick
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 04:31 AM UTC
I have started construction of this little beauty and the hull and turret are very nice. The one major, and I do mean MAJOR flaw is that the tracks are a good deal too short. I have spun the idler wheels to the rear most position and the tracks are still so tight that they are in danager of ripping the suspension arms off! I do hope Bronco rectifies this error, because there are no replacements in aftermarket and it definitely spoils and extremely nice kit.
Treadhead12
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 04:42 AM UTC
Steve, thanks for info. I hope Bronco gets some feed back and fixes the problem.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 04:44 AM UTC
Steve,

I had heard about the same thing. From what I recall, warming the tracks and "training" them slowly appeared to fix this. I haven't done so myself yet, but I'm sure we'd all like to hear more as to how this kit goes together.

Mike
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 05:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have started construction of this little beauty and the hull and turret are very nice. The one major, and I do mean MAJOR flaw is that the tracks are a good deal too short. I have spun the idler wheels to the rear most position and the tracks are still so tight that they are in danager of ripping the suspension arms off! I do hope Bronco rectifies this error, because there are no replacements in aftermarket and it definitely spoils and extremely nice kit.

Steve-- thanks. Where did you get the kit and how much did it run you?
thanks again
DJ
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 06:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Glad I waited, I'll hold off getting one until they sort out the track issue or the AM chaps come up with a set. You would think they could have got the length of the track correct !!

Al
IdiotStick
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:47 AM UTC
I picked it up in Toronto at Hornet Hobbies. It cost me CDN$50 including taxes. A very good deal. It is a real disappointment about the tracks and a good set of aftermarket ones will make it absolutley outstanding. The rest of the kit is very nice. I have heard on other forums that some people have heated the tracks in hot water and then stretched them. Since they are not of any use as they are I may give it a go. I'll post here after I try it.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 08:01 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Any further developments on the track issue, have Bronco indicated in any way they might sort it out?

Thanks

Al
 _GOTOTOP