_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
New Campaign Ideas
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 06:01 PM UTC
hello all,
with most of the campaigns running now,ending around February- May 2009.so here are some ideas to talk about:
1)Blitzkrieg 2:North Africa.this campaign will cover any armed conflict on the Africa Continent to include Italy vs England,Ethiopia vs Italy,Germany vs England,German vs America,etc.the time line is open from 1935 when Italy invaded Ethiopia to the surrender of Axis forces in 1943.this will make the campaign wide open and should be of interest to a large group of modelers.
2)Hollywood at war:this campaign is open for any Hollywood Movie made.there is no time line.you could model the great German Tanks used in the Movie Patton.or a dio on the Movie The Desert Rats,you could make the German Tiger 1 Used in Kelly's Heroes(which was a T-34 remade into a Tiger 1).or may a dio of the Movie Full Metal Jacket. it is up to the builder to decide what he wants to do.
over at MSW there is a campaign called Hollywood at Sea,some of the builds inclued the sub in Voyage to the Botton of the Sea,Operation Petticoat with the pink sub and PT-109.
so what do you think about the ideas put forth and do you have any suggestions for new campaigns.
Cheers,
Bruce
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 09:40 PM UTC
I am up for the "Blitzkrieg II: North Africa" campaign. The first Blitzkrieg campaign was a huge success, so why not also a Blitzkrieg II campaign. I am all in
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 12:21 AM UTC
Bruce I'm up for any of those Campaigns, I already submitted an African Campaign but no answers yet...
Anyway, I'm up for those ones !!
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 06:45 AM UTC
hello all,
@Jesper,
thanks for the encouragement and your kind words about Blitz1.
@John,
i have been following your proposed North Africa campaign.have you sent a message to MarkM about your campaign proposal?he might have not gotten it.
lets see if anyone else will be intrested in my new campaigns before i submit them.
cheers,
Bruce
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 12:12 PM UTC
I would be interested in both.

I actually already have ideas for both of them.

HARV
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 12:22 AM UTC
I sent him a message yes.
And submitted both campaigns too...

I'll send them again...
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 03:21 AM UTC
An African campaign, huh??? hmmm....... has potential...

I sent Marc a campaignproposal a while back suggesting a triple A-campaign... anything to bring down a "flying machine"....
No reply...
Are we flooding Marc or did I do something wrong?
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 08:22 AM UTC
hello all,
i think that MarkM reads the threads about new campaigns and see's if there is enough support for said campaign.remember that at least 10 people have to sign up for the campaign to make it a go.and if only 3-4 people express interest in that campaign,he probably will not even post it.if you look at the finished campaign's you will see 2-3 campaigns that had only 3-4 people sign up.so why commit the time for a campaign that will not make it?
for the campaigns i have proposed,i need at least 8 more people to show interest in them,before i will submit them.so if you know anyone who might be interested,send them a PM about these campaigns.i am going to do the same.
cheers,
Bruce
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 08:50 AM UTC
Hi,

I'd be in for Africa Blitzkrieg for sure, but please PLEASE keep it later next year (April at least).
I'm VERY heavy loaded with other stuff right now and I wouldn't like to miss this one!

It would be fun to meet all of you old Blitzkrieg campaign guys again .

Andrzej
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 09:34 AM UTC
Would the Hollywood campaign include things like the Aliens APC?
Panzerbeschwoehrer
Visit this Community
Bremen, Germany
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

..... i need at least 8 more people to show interest in them,before i will submit them.....

I guess I could join in on the Africa campaign since I'm contemplating building a rather elaborate "Mark IV Special" after the Big Cats campaign ends. It'll be interesting to explore new areas of the war!
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 09:57 AM UTC
Both Ideas sound Great ! For a long time now I've had an idea to do a scene from Bogarts movie Sahara. This could be just what I need to motivate me to do it. Keep On modeling. milvehfan
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 01:07 PM UTC
hello all,
@Andrzej,
i was thinking that the starts would be May 20,2009 to Nov. 20,2009.is that late enough for you.
@Sean,
i would say that the Aliens APC would be acceptable.
@Sebastian,
welcome aboard.it should be an interesting campaign.
@Milvehfan,
that would be an interesting dio.i have only seen Sahara once.
OK,i have counting about 8 people that want to do the campaigns.we need at least 2-4 more people,before i submit it to MarkM.so let your on-line friends know about the 2 proposed campaigns
cheers,
Bruce
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 299 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:40 PM UTC
Hello all!

I support idea of Blitzkrieg in Africa. It could be next fine campaign
I have several ideas for such theme But unfortunately, now I haven't enough time for modelling
Currently I must get down for writing of my thesis work. So, there was better that campaign has started in next year...

Cheers
Adam
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 12:45 PM UTC
hello all,
Adam,i am glad to see that you are going to join this campaign.i cannot wait to see your 4-6 different builds for this campaign .so lets get to the nuts and bolts of the campaign.
1)i am changing the name to Blitzkrieg 2:Africa
2)the time line will be 1935-1943.this way you can build any of the fighting during that time IE:Italian invasion of Ethiopia,British troops fighting Italian troops in British Somaliland,the North Africa Campaigns,etc.
3)i am not sure to include the Crete Campaign in this campaign,what do all of you think?
4)all scales allowed,but if larger scale size then 1/72 there most be clear photo's for your ribbon.
5)stand alone or dio allowed
6)multiple builds allowed,but only 1 ribbon awarded.

i am also kicking around having 6 different campaigns under the Blitzkrieg umbrella to which anyone who completes all of the campaigns will get a Grand Ribbon.

so what do all of you think?
cheers,
Bruce
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 05:32 AM UTC
I'd go for Africa too.... but would leave Crete out of it. That's more of a european thing, I think.

what's that about the Grand Ribbon? Are you planning on actually having 6 different Blitzkrieg-campaigns and who finishes them all get the Grand ribbon??
TuomasH
Visit this Community
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 06:05 AM UTC
Sounds nice, I'll be in with Italeri Pz IVF2, tamiya/tristar sdkfz 222 or Italeri L6 !
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 09:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd go for Africa too.... but would leave Crete out of it. That's more of a european thing, I think.

what's that about the Grand Ribbon? Are you planning on actually having 6 different Blitzkrieg-campaigns and who finishes them all get the Grand ribbon??

hello Ron,
a member suggested that if i do 6 interlocking campaigns,a Grand Ribbon might be nice for any one who completed all of the campaigns.so i thought i would put the suggestion out.
i also might do the Grand Ribbon with different classes.if you do all 6 campaigns the Grand Ribbon 1ST class,if you do 5 of the 6 2ND class,if you do 4 of 6 3RD class,etc.
so what do you all think about a Grand Ribbon?of course the staff will have to approve.
cheers,
Bruce
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 10:03 AM UTC
hello all,
it looks like i have at least 10 people interested in the Blitzkrieg 2 campaign.i do think that Crete should be included because in Blitz 1,the campaign stopped at Greece,and a lot of the desert war was decided early on because the best British troops were sent there and that allowed the Axis forces to run wild.
what does anyone else think.
@Toumas,
welcome to the campaign.looking forward to your build.
remember this campaign is still in the forming phase,so please be patience and please let me know what you are thinking.
cheers,
Bruce
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 10:19 AM UTC
Hi
Would be interested in the Hollywood at War campaign ( already in the Hollywood at Sea campaign doing the Pink Sub).
Plenty of ideas for this campaign if chosen. Can actually build a vehicle that is not 100% accurate as in kelly's Hero Tiger or Saving Private Ryan's Tiger. Love the Aliens APC have this partly built with the Colonial Marines ( wouldnt use this for the campaign just love these films). Cant wait to see if this 1 becomes active.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
( already in the Hollywood at Sea campaign doing the Pink Sub).

I'd rather build yellow one
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 02:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i am also kicking around having 6 different campaigns under the Blitzkrieg umbrella to which anyone who completes all of the campaigns will get a Grand Ribbon.

Would this include your original Blitzkrieg campaign?

Just curious.

HARV
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:15 AM UTC
hello Randy,
yes and no.if you completed the original Blitz,it will total towards the Grand Ribbon.if not,you would have to do all of the other campaigns for the top honor.this is just something i am kicking around.i am hoping it will get people interested in the campaigns
hope this helps.
cheers,
Bruce
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:48 AM UTC
Sounds great.
But how can you have 6 different subjects under 1 campaign. Blitzkrieg for instance; we had the west. Africa is probably on it's way, but then what?
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 09:08 AM UTC
I'm in for both, Bruce (or all 7 as the case may be )
 _GOTOTOP