_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tauro AV7 Help
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 12:39 PM UTC
Hello Everybody, I am in need of instructions for the Tauro AV7. The kit has been in my stash for a couple of years and I am finally able to build it, but the instructions are MIA. I have looked through the forums here and other search engines, but no luck. Thanks in advance.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 01:58 PM UTC
Sorry I can't help directly but you might try asking at the Landships WWI forum as they are exclusively WWI oriented.
Search 'Landships'

C.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 03:22 PM UTC
Shoot me your address in a PM. I have a couple of the kits (one I originally started to build but lost/damaged most parts in my move back to the States) and the other an eBay purchase many years ago to try to re-attempt constructing the kit.

I may have sent the extra instructions to one of two guys I sent some spare parts to, but should be able to make a photocopy of the remaining set.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 04:21 PM UTC
I built this years ago an have olng since lost the instructions. However, here's a bit of building advice.
Discard the springs to make the suspension work. It won't.
More importantly, don;t try to use the supplied pins for the tracks. They are too thick and will destroy too many links. Instead, get som regular paper staples, Straighten one leg to make an "L" shape, Insert these to connect the links then cut off the excess,
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 01:26 AM UTC
Thanks Guys:

CReading, I checked Landships, but could only find a review.
Sabot, I sent you a PM with my email address.
AJLaFleche, The paper clip trick looks like the best route.

Thanks again for your help and advice, I'll post some pics of the beast!
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 03:52 AM UTC
Rob-- That kit is a challenge, lots of fill required. The track is a nighmare. I used straight pins, cut off the excess and the flanged ends looked pretty good as make shift track pins. The model was destroyed beyond my wildest imagination by the created movers transferring our household goods from Alaska to Virginia. They took the carefully packed box marked "top storage only" and placed the dresser on top of it...c'est la guerre. There are some very interesting camouflage patterns that can be applied to her. Best of luck.
DJ
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 03:58 AM UTC
Am I the only person who managed to assemble the tracks using the pins provided without major problems (but with minor blood-loss). Totally agree about the springs though, they are a nightmare and also wrong since the A7V used two concentric coil springs. Then just about everything else on the Tauro kit is wrong too

David
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 04:10 AM UTC
Thanks for all the advice. After all of the negative reviews/build horror stories I've read, maybe I should not worry about the suplied instructions and just search old pictures, building from scratch with the kit as a base.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Am I the only person who managed to assemble the tracks using the pins provided without major problems (but with minor blood-loss). Totally agree about the springs though, they are a nightmare and also wrong since the A7V used two concentric coil springs. Then just about everything else on the Tauro kit is wrong too

David

David-- yes, you are the only person on the planet to accomplish this minor miracle of construction.
DJ
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 04:47 AM UTC
You'll find some pics of the only surviving A7V called "Mephisto" on Primeportal and wwi-models (with some informations about "Mephisto" specific features)

HTH
Frenchy
TimTam27
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 222 posts
Armorama: 209 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 04:53 AM UTC
I think the subject of this should really read:

Tauro A7V........HELP!!!!!!!!

TimTam27
Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You'll find some pics of the only surviving A7V called "Mephisto"...

Note that Mephisto (chassis #506) may not work well with Tauro kit unless you want to scratch–build new gun mount. The kit represents later Sockel mount as oppose to Mephisto’s early Buck mount.

It’s also worthy to note that no two A7Vs were identical (in details like plates, exhaust pipe, flaps etc.) - so always check your references for a particular machine. Following article by Gary Zimmer sums it pretty well:

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/a7vident.htm

This gallery I’ve found recently may help too:

http://flickr.com/photos/7700258@N05/sets/72157601073010968/

HTH

-A-
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 11:01 AM UTC
Thanks for the links Galwitz, there were alot of cool pics of different designs!
Formula91
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 - 02:38 PM UTC
Ahhh, the wonderful Tauro A7. It's why I registered here.
Those springs are silly and not needed.BUT, I did it anyway. I'm about 1/10 of the way done with the tracks. I don't see why a guy couldn't CA a lot of the links together, especially if it will be displayed on a flat surface. Just pin the curved sections.
Excellent WiP on this Italian site-

http://forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?t=2495&highlight=a7v
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 01:37 PM UTC
Does anyone have the instuctions for this kit? I really like the subject and dont want to mess the build up for lack of direction. thanks in advance.
DamonW
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 05:15 PM UTC
Hello Rob, if you PM me an email address I can send you scans of the instructions.Sorry, I couldn't find the instructions sooner, I built this thing years ago and wasn't even sure if I still had them around. Damon
Panzerup12
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 11:49 AM UTC
Damon, I just opened the email, you rock dude! Thanks a bunch for taking time out of your day to help me out. Modelers like you make this site what it is, outstanding.
Griffon65
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 363 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

the only surviving A7V called "Mephisto"

I drove past it today on the way to see my Gran. Its in a great big glass box outside the Queensland Museum on Brisbane's South Bank. Shame they didnt restore it to working condition
 _GOTOTOP