_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Tamyia t34
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi I have been looking for a t34/73 for a while now,today i happened upon tamyias version. Can anyone tell me the merits of this Kit Im sure Ive heard its a dud but t34's are getting rare, Im not a rivet counter so if its 1/2 a mm out somewhere i can live with that.
Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:03 AM UTC
hi easy, I am nearing completion of the tamiya T34/85 kit, it and the T34/76 share a common hull, only difference is the turret, and maybe the tracks. the kit is not too bad, it is a little soft on the details, mine is for the motorized version (dont know if there is a difference) so that left some pretty big gaps to fill around the drive sprockets on the rear of hull, some gaps in the engine cover and rear of the tank, but thats about it, nothing a little sheet styrene and putty wont fix. I replace all the grab handles and tie down points with wire, and added the ones left off by tamiya, other than that its a pretty nice kit. I did add the verlindin update kit, but only used the fuel tanks and some of the PE as most of the resin stuff in the update was way too small to be of any use. I will probably build another as I like the looks of the smaller turrets better. I have some pictures of my kit in the Rivet Review Board if you would like to look at the hull and see what Im talking about for fitment and the wire and styrene I added, hope this helps

T 34/85

for some reason it wont allow me to make the link clickable, but there it is anyway
Bender
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 04:59 AM UTC
Go to the AMPS site and type in T-34 and select 1/35 scale. It'll give you a rundown on the various T-34 kits. You are right that the old Tamiya kits get panned, but there are plenty of T-34s on the market. Italeri boxes Zvezda kits and the Maquette/RPM ones are extremely nice as well. The Zvezda T-34/76 Model 1942 cost me $11 and is a superb looking kit. I hear DML is putting out a T-34/76 Model 1940 sometime soon as well.

Bottom line, don't settle for the old Tamiya kit when there are better kits that are cheaper readily available.

http://www.amps-armor.org/Reviews/AmpsReviews2.asp
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 05:58 AM UTC
Many thanks for the Info guys Ill have a look at both suggestions.
ZoomieE7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 10:39 AM UTC
Maquette just issued the T-34/76 Mod 1940 and 1941. Don't know anything about Maquette's quality, though. Go to www.hobbyterra.com
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 12:05 PM UTC
ZoomieE7, Saul Garcia over at Track-Link has a build review of Maquette T-34 Model 1941. I have no idea if this is the same kit you're looking at though...

Click HERE
 _GOTOTOP