_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
who made these kits
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 09:19 AM UTC
I have revells jagdpanther and jagdpanzer 4 but as revell seem a bit lazy when it comes to armour these seem to be re-issues under their own name any idea who done the kits be-fore them italeri or dragon?
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 06:38 AM UTC
(++) A lot of the Revell stuff seems to be old Italeri and Esci kits. The "new" 1/35 scale figures were originally ICM releases. I don't know who originally released the Jagdtiger. I haven't seen it yet. I don't know of any companies except Tamiya,Dragon and Nichimo that have released that. Maybe it's new. I do have the SdKfz. 11 that was a previous Esci kit, and Revell did a wonderful job of cleaning it up. They also re-released the old Hasegawa 1/32 scale Fieseler Storch and it's cleaned up and newly tooled. You're right Revell-Germany does release a a lot of previously released kits...but i like what they do with them. Jeff
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 07:59 AM UTC
FYI, I had the Revell of Germany PzKpfw IV, and it definitely was NOT the Esci PzKpfw IV (I had one of those too). Unsure of the "Ausf.'s" of either kit, the RoG one was very nicely done and way ahead of the old Esci one. Petite detailing, link & length tracks, I was impressed with the tooling. Let me also state that I am not a German armor expert so I don't know the accuracy of either kit. I just know which one was nicer.
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 183 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 08:03 PM UTC
Hi,

I am thinking that they are both ex-dragon kits. I have both in my hands now (I am typing with my nose). My grounds for these comments are:
1. The side of the box says make in china/ hong kong
2. It looks just like the dragon kit I saw at the store
3. The Panther that revell released is an old Italeri ( and for support the side of the kit says Made in italy).

Lots of mold swapping going on with Revell of Germany! Good for those of us over here at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Tracy
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 - 08:56 PM UTC
I think the Jagdpanther and Pz IV you are talking about is more than likely DML's.
 _GOTOTOP