Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:47 PM UTC
I am going to build a Tamiya KV-1 OOTB.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 04:51 PM UTC
I'll be doing the Italeri/Zvezda BT-5. Artur (Tomcat14) sent me a sheet of Eduard PE for it (Dziekuje bardzo Artur! ). The PE is a first for me since I usually build OOB. Hope I don't mess up the paint job
Ralf
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 170 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 11:23 PM UTC
Hi everyone,

since a long period of professional overload I´m back to this wonderful site. And what a strong campaign: Modelling afv´s from "Unternehmen Barbarossa" is a real challenge, though frequently done by tank-modellers. Now, here´s my idea:
I´m going to build the exact copy of an original photo: A Pzkpfw 38 (C ord D) of PzRgt 25, members of 7th Panzerdivision, heavily marked by field and weather conditions , is pushing forwards in late summer of 1941. 5 exausted infantry men withe a bike are mounted on it to cross a mud area. As I got deeply impressed by this photo, I decided to depict this moment in the biografy of a 38 (t), later destroyed near Moscow.

As a base I´ll use Maquette´s Pz 38 (t), Tamiyas bike, some photo etch and figures from the spare box.

I wish You fellow modellers a great campaign!
Tankleader
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 718 posts
Armorama: 684 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 12:51 AM UTC
I am builda a Panzer 1A from Tristar.

Andy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 01:04 AM UTC
Nice little link with production dates for just about every tank used in WW2. Don't know if it will help anyone decide what to build for the campaign or not but here ya go...

http://users.swing.be/tanks/engins2/choix.html
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 04:35 AM UTC
Hi everyone as you I can't wait to start on this "campaign" particularly since these are the first 1/35th scale kits I am building in about 25 years. So far I have acquired AFV SdKfz 11. I had ordered AFV 's (or ACE?) 10.5cm 1.F.H. 18 (m), but unfortunately it isn't in production yet. So I am deciding what artillery piece to add to this tow. I might acquire a Russian 7.6cm (can't remember the make). I also have a BA-20M by TBK-CTAPT (a russian company). Anyway, I am deciding on which armor piece I want to build; whether to build a German or Russian vehicle. :-) So that is where I'm at. It looks like a varied field in this build and that's great.

Quoted Text

No plan survives contact with the enemy. Moltke

Butch Cassidy Tanks46
Pig#3 Head Armorer (++)
DSB
Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hey Guys,

I have a DML Kettenkrad with Eduard PE and a Tamiya Flak 38 with Eduard PE.
I will be away all summer and as such, I do not know if these will be completed.
Here's hoping

Andrew

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:43 AM UTC
just a quick question for anyone out there.......

would the russians have used the M3 scout car (also know as the White scout car) in this time period.. I know it was developed earlier in 1939 and my info says 3340 were delivered to the soviet union. I just don't know when......

scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:46 AM UTC
My mounted Savoia Cavalleria (3°) Lieutenant is sfae and sound and ready to be started (as soon as I'll finish the Cold War Cook-Off campaign)...
Ciao
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

just a quick question for anyone out there.......

would the russians have used the M3 scout car (also know as the White scout car) in this time period.. I know it was developed earlier in 1939 and my info says 3340 were delivered to the soviet union. I just don't know when......

unknown, but since the Russians were not at war with Germany yet, the lend-lease hadn't started so the US wouldn't have started shipping them to the Soviets.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hi All

Seems that I will be building either a T34/76 or a T26 (not sure whether it will be a S or a B-2). So far it seems to be Mirage's T-26 wz 37 OOB (unless I can find a correct hull to match to the turret to make it a T26S).
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:50 AM UTC
My contribution to the Great Soviet Army's war effort - T-38 light amphibious tank. Will do somewhat OOTB - assuming I don't scratchbuild the hull sides which I find to be too thick (it'll be easier scratchbuilding the hull sides rather than sanding thin the kit parts). As usual, I might be stricken with a severe form of AMS (which leaves me into a degenerate and does no good in my model building abilities hehehe) and might replace some parts with sheet metal or sheet styrene.
Erock68
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:51 AM UTC
This is my 1st Campaign but, I am no stranger to Armor

I will be supporting our German troops with a Box-stock 1/35 Maquette SIG-33 auf PzKpFw 1 Ausf B "Bison"

mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 225 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 06:09 PM UTC
Selrach and I will be doing our own group build within the Barbarossa Campaign Group Build: This is my first armor model project, I've never put together a model before. So Sel thought it would be cool if he got the same model I was going to work on, and we do it together, so I can watch how he does it, get hints and tips, etc., and work with him at the same time. We are each constructing a Leichter Panzerspahwagen SdKfz 222 (Tamiya 1/35th scale).

While I'm on the subject, I do have a question, sorry if it sounds silly, but...

What color is an axle and drive shaft on the underside of the 222?

I would think primarily a gray color, metallic gray maybe. Can anyone advise?

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 02:28 AM UTC
I am in panzer III ausf whatever 1941 model.
fruil tracks no PE!!!!!!! (++)
Oink OINK OINK OINK (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++) (++)
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 01:02 AM UTC
I will be building a KV-II with Eduard PE, Eduard fenders, Trackz roadwheels, Armo barrel, MK tracks, Moskit exhausts, & MA Mori resin bits.

Dutchbird -- The SdKfz 7/2 is not appropriate for this build. It didn't reach the front until 1942.

Delbert -- The M3 Scout Car is not acceptable for this build. The only lend-lease vehicle that made it to the front in 1941 was the M3 Lee which made it in time to participate in the defense of Moscow.

Savage -- If you do a T-34/76 make sure that it is the correct version. Only the 1940 and 1941 versions are appropriate and there are no kits out there of those versions OOB except for the new Maquette 1940 version.

Remember guys, if you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a vehicle we hashed all of that out in the original thread. Please go check there before asking questions because most likely the answer can be found there. There are two very long posts by me that contain lists of appropriate and inappropriate vehicles that can be found easily just by scrolling and looking for long posts.

Sabot -- Should or could we post those lists onto the campaign information page?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sabot -- Should or could we post those lists onto the campaign information page?

I don't know how to get it into the header area under rules and regs. If it is possible, that is the best place for it. If not, we can copy/paste the lists into an entry in the remarks on the campaign HQs page.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 02:13 AM UTC
Rob -- I went ahead and posted the lists in the Remarks section of the Campaign page for now.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 03:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dutchbird -- The SdKfz 7/2 is not appropriate for this build. It didn't reach the front until 1942.

Avukich, I guess you missed my mission: My mission is to build an Sd.Kfz 7/1 (which was stated as being avaialble at that time, so therefor allowed in this campaign). As I could not get my hands on one, I have to do with the Sd.Kfz 7/2, which I could get my hands on (right now it is somewhere between the e-store and me).

So things to do to convert it to a 7/1:

• With a bit of bad luck I will have to scratchbuild a new bonnet/front of the vehicle (as the 7/2 comes with the armored side-platíng.
  • Replace the 37mm Flak 37 with a 20mm Flakvierling (which I have, just waiting for the PE and the barrels).
  • Possibly reconstruct the gun-mount.
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 04:54 AM UTC
Dutchbird -- Oops. Sorry about the mix-up. It was still early when I began reading this thread and I was still drinking my first cup of coffee for the day so not all of the ol' brain cells had warmed up yet. #:-)
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:39 AM UTC
I will be building Mirage's T-26 wz 37 (the turret is correct, the kit’s tracks are rather flimsy). Anyone know where I can get some decent tracks for this Kit?

#:-)
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2003 - 11:36 PM UTC
Savage -- RPM, Friulmodel, & Modelkasten make tracks for the T-26/7TP/Vickers. The Friulmodel and MK ones are workable while the RPM tracks are just single link plastic non-workable. The kit tracks that come with the Mirage/RPM and Zvezda kits just plain suck as you have obviously found out. The RPM ones are ok, but require a good bit of cleanup and are no where near as nice as the others (they are cheaper though if that is a serious consideration for you). The MK ones are wonderful (the most detailed), but require cleanup and are very time consuming to work with. The Friulmodel ones are wonderful and not as time consuming as the MK ones. Below is a picture comparing from left to right the Mirage/RPM kit tracks, the Zvezda/Italeri kit tracks, the RPM single link tracks, and the Friulmodel tracks. The MK ones are just like the Friulmodel ones, but a little crisper on detail (just a little bit, not worth all the extra work that goes into making them IMHO). The main problem with the RPM single link tracks are that they are not the correct shape. If you look at the Friulmodel ones you'll notice that the links are more square while the RPM ones are more like a trapezoid. The Friulmodel (and the MK ones) are the correct shape.

_GOTOTOP