Hosted by Darren Baker
Cold War Cook Off :-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 02:59 PM UTC
Jacques, I got your decadent west... If I didn't have to be at work at 6 am I would be down in the bunker right now repainting and reweathering... Hee Hee...

Shaun "Yellow Dog Lacky of the Capitalist State" Keenan
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 07:21 AM UTC
hey, whatever it takes to "inspire" us to build and finish the models...

THe Bunker, eh? Sounds like a GOOD hobby room!
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 07:39 AM UTC
Fabio,

Do you know if Centauro model is avaiable for sale again? I've heard it was OOP item.

Regards,

Michal

scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 08:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Fabio,

Do you know if Centauro model is avaiable for sale again? I've heard it was OOP item.

Regards,

Michal

Michal,
the Centauro kit I have are two:
- the Model System Trade that is now kind of "vintage" and it's resin/vacuform
- the Corazzati one (that's the one I built and heavily modified for this Campaign)

The Corazzati moulds have benn bought by Italian Kits. I don't know if they've modified/updated/corrected the kit. What I know is that I saw the prototype of the 3rd series Centauro (the one which has been enlonged to house at the back a pathfinders squad of 6). The Centauro is in their pricelist as you can see following this link
Hope this can help.
Ciao
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC
Fabio,

Tahnks for your help. I will contact Italian kits and ask for details. But frankly speaking I can't understand why Italeri is not interested in releasing this vehicle.

Michal
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:11 AM UTC
It's at least five years that every time I see Mr. Italeri I tell him to do it. I also told him that I can provide them with whatever they need to do the model, including the 1/1 Centauro(s) to take all the measures etc.
The answer is always the same: It's an Italian vehichle, who cares about it? A mould will cost 75 to 100K Euros when I'll get the money back? An idea could be to start "bombing" them with emails about the release date of a Centauro kit. Who knows if after a couple of millions of emails they will start thinking about it?
Ciao
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's at least five years that every time I see Mr. Italeri I tell him to do it. I also told him that I can provide them with whatever they need to do the model, including the 1/1 Centauro(s) to take all the measures etc.
The answer is always the same: It's an Italian vehichle, who cares about it? A mould will cost 75 to 100K Euros when I'll get the money back? An idea could be to start "bombing" them with emails about the release date of a Centauro kit. Who knows if after a couple of millions of emails they will start thinking about it?
Ciao

Interesting! Perhaps Mr. Italeri would be happy to know that a lot of modelers consider Italeri the "bravest" of the major manufacturers because they take on subjects that are little known or might not appeal to the mass-market - and cheer them on! I'd buy a couple of Centauro's if they produced one. I'm betting that the Stryker will come from Italeri...

Gunnie
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:25 AM UTC
Gunnie,
we can launch a new Campaign "Bombing Italeri with email requesting to release the Centauro". If all of us (we should be something like 2000+ on Armorama) will drop a line to them in a couple of year it's quite likely that we can see the model released...
Ciao
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 09:54 AM UTC
Fabio and Gunnie,

Few days ago I found that Revell put wishlist table on their website. First item I asked for was... Centauro in 1/35. So if Mr Italeri is not interested in this item maybe guys from Germany will do?
But frankly speaking I'm not sure if Mr Iatleri did a deep customers' research (Trumpeter released Swedish S-tank which was a top wanted item on the end of 2002). For sure many Italian modellers will be happy with this kit, but also a lot of them will go to foreign modellers. They will want to have Italian Army vehicle in their collection. And for sure many young modellers will buy it... because a tank on wheels is so unusual subject

Michal

GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 11:26 PM UTC
MichalBT: Very good build comrade! {enter Soviet Zampolit mode}For this Fine Soviet Battle Tank, Kruschev has told me to induct you into:

THE ORDER OF LABOR GLORY!

About the Order:

"Established 18 January 1974. Conferred upon individuals actively involved in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, and construction for their ingenuity, high production numbers, new product design and production methods." Source: http://soviet-awards.addr.com/orders9.htm#order20

{exit Soviet Zampolit mode}

Sorry for the late entry of my zampolit alter ego. Been having major modem problems - been a touch and go for me.

{enter Soviet Zampolit mode} With your T-55, we will crush the Western Decadent Imperialist Forces! MWUHAHAHAHAHA! {exit Soviet Zampolit mode}

BTW, re: Revell wish list thread, never got to read it. Did anyone request for a 1/35 LCAC and a 1/144 Nimitz class CVN? I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them I want them
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:30 AM UTC
Tow. GIBeregovoy,

We will crush all of them Slawa Gierojam Sowietskogo Sojuza

Michal
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 04:41 AM UTC
You know, one suggestion for Italeri might be to take that great set of molds they have for the M60 and do the varaints...the AVLB, the CEV, the Panther I, etc... Cost effective vs whole new molds and desired.
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 06:45 AM UTC
Maybe instead of unsuccesful asking Mr Italeri, Mr Tamiya or someone else from well known and branded companies we should contact companies like Trumpeter. These guys are open- minded. They know how to be the the major player on the market: they meet customers' wishes.
For sure if many modellers ask them for models like: Centauro, Stryker or T-90 -soon we will see them. They have already done a great job with AS-90, S-tank or their latest release- Franziska.

Michal
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 08:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You know, one suggestion for Italeri might be to take that great set of molds they have for the M60 and do the varaints...the AVLB, the CEV, the Panther I, etc... Cost effective vs whole new molds and desired.

You know - I can imagine Italeri going after an AVLB. That would be pretty nice to have in injection molded plastic...

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP