Hosted by Darren Baker
Cold War Cook Off :-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 10:38 AM UTC
I've been robbed - Upper Management (if you can call what happened to me managing) just changed the rules on me. I just had a project reviewed and what the user asked for (and got) isn't what they wanted. I'm back to the drawing board.
Long story short - I just lost about 3 - 6 hours of "MY" time that I was going to finish off my M106. Since I'm on vacation next week I need to be done by this Friday and now that isn't going to happen.

I'll post what I've got and show you the done deal later.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 11:41 AM UTC
Things like this always crop up and cant be avoided. At the end of the day the job pays for the hobby, so it cant be neglected either.
I know how you feel..... this has happened to me recently as well with the dio comp. But.... we can look forward to to seeing it when you get a chance. You never know.... maybe the deadline will be pushed back a bit to allow more to finish. Good luck!
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 11:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Long story short - I just lost about 3 - 6 hours of "MY" time that I was going to finish off my M106. Since I'm on vacation next week I need to be done by this Friday and now that isn't going to happen.

I'll post what I've got and show you the done deal later.

Sounds fine to me. No big deal a day or two. I hope to get an extension too. I think I had a good excuse...!

Steve
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 831 posts
Armorama: 614 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:07 PM UTC
I could use a week's extension too. Exigencies of the Service.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:22 PM UTC
I should add as well..........

Eventhough Im finished and posted, I have no objections to the campaign being extended to help more guys finish on time! Im off on holidays for 2 weeks tommorrow, so i had no choice to be completed by now.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 01:29 PM UTC
Thanks for the support guys.
Gotta say Gunny has call on extentions - I'll support either decision.
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 01:33 PM UTC
I know what you're going through. I deliver pizzas when not in school or selling cameras and had my manager threaten to fire me for not doing her job. Funny the logic they sometimes use.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 04:21 PM UTC
It'll be tight for me. too. On vacation this week. Spectacular sunsets over Cape Cod Bay! No plastics nearby. My two projects are painted, decaled and washed. One set of tracks is assembled and base painted the other is ready for assembly. Accessories are more or less base painted, but may need more work or will be left off for the initial shoots. If they get done, cool. If not, so be it. :-)
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 08:32 PM UTC
I think I'll be able to finish my model. What I cannot do for sure is to scartcbuild the new suspensions and the new wheels for my Centauro, because it will take another month or so. Anyway I've got no objections at all on a campaign deadline postponing to help the other fellas finishing their models too...
Ciao
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 01:27 AM UTC
My T64BV is about 95% complete... And next week I'm on holidays at home so, if things go smoothly, I should finish in time !
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hmmmm... Beware the Ides of June...

Here's what I'll do:

1. The end date for this Campaign will be extended to 31 July for completing projects already started and posted into the Campaign Folder as of 15 June, but I won't ask Big Jim to change the original end date listed on the Campaign Page.

2. I will ask Big Jim to post Campaign Ribbons to the modelers who have finished their entries by the original date on 30 June. When 31 July comes up, I'll ask him to make one more Ribbon awarding for the CWCO - and then close it out.

Gunnie
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:42 AM UTC
Sounds good Gunnie. This is one of the things I like about these campaigns is that there is some "wiggle" room if need be...better than a straight-up competition.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:22 AM UTC
I couldn't resist going back and changing the title of this thread's frown - upside down - into a smile!

There's an extra 31 days of modeling for this Campaign!

Gunnie
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:28 AM UTC
Good one Gunnie! Its much nicer seeing all the finished kits being displayed than having only one or two ready. At the end of the day..... I would safely say that everybody is in the campaign for the fun of it! What fun would it be to be so close but left out in the COLD!
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:41 PM UTC
Good news!

I was (and still am) shootin' to have it done by June 30 but now have a little breathing room.

Have a new (albiet crappy) job, kids are out of school, wife has a new job, one vehicle and time is an ISSUE!

Gonna try and finish the MUTT by June 30 and the dio for it by July 31.

Thanks Gunnie

Jim
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:00 PM UTC
All I have left,is painting track,installing detail thingees,and I am done.I know others will have highly detailed models that will require more time.
The more well built units the better,no one should go crazy,this is FUN after all.

I think. (++) (++)
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:01 AM UTC
My problem is I have had my internet disconnected at home (don't ask), and now can't upload pics of my project. I can check out the net on breaks from work, but no downloading pictures. I am hoping that I can get them uploaded prior to the June 30th deadline by stopping by a buddies house and uploading them from there.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My problem is I have had my internet disconnected at home (don't ask), and now can't upload pics of my project. I can check out the net on breaks from work, but no downloading pictures. I am hoping that I can get them uploaded prior to the June 30th deadline by stopping by a buddies house and uploading them from there.

Don't despair! If you're not able to upload pictures before the deadline - send them to me via e-mail:

[email protected]

Gunnie
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:26 AM UTC
Since this thread seems to be the place holder for the latest CWCO info, I have a quick question: I have been just posting stuff in my folder over at the campaign deal. Is that what I am supposed to be doing? I think so but if not please let me know. I have the build done on the M16, now all I have to do is 'Nam it up, for Gunnie. Hee Hee.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since this thread seems to be the place holder for the latest CWCO info, I have a quick question: I have been just posting stuff in my folder over at the campaign deal. Is that what I am supposed to be doing? I think so but if not please let me know. I have the build done on the M16, now all I have to do is 'Nam it up, for Gunnie. Hee Hee.

Aye - you are following the correct procedure indeed!

Yes - 'Nam that Baby up!

Gunnie
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Don't despair! If you're not able to upload pictures before the deadline - send them to me via e-mail:

[email protected]

Gunnie

Thanks Gunnie....you Da Man!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 03:00 PM UTC
Gunny, I posted my pics (with Sabot and Sciossa's help) for the campaign. Title is "My Sheridan for the Cold War Cookoff." Glad you got the extension. If I weren't unemployed at the moment I too would have had difficulty finishing.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 10:53 PM UTC

And

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 02:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunny, I posted my pics (with Sabot and Sciossa's help) for the campaign. Title is "My Sheridan for the Cold War Cookoff." Glad you got the extension. If I weren't unemployed at the moment I too would have had difficulty finishing.

Yep - I caught the thread and responded to it too! Good work - that's not the most modeler-friendly of kits out there. Hope things turn around quickly on the job front too!

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 02:33 AM UTC
TankCarl - I like the way your M60A2 is shaping up. I'm partial to these beasts - they don't get enough love from the modeling community Are you going to do anything else special to it, or are you winding it up from this point?

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP