T-55A 1/72 ACE: Bosnia 1994
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 07:27 PM UTC
Hi,

I would like to present my recently finished project. More about the boult you can find here:
http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/128546&page=1

OK. This was a photo-joke of course!

Now the real photos:

Cheers!
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
Armorama: 805 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 07:41 PM UTC
At least the DOW is up.

That's a wonderful diorama. Excellent presentation too. Never seen anyone do that before.

Matt
Afroman
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 137 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 09:34 PM UTC
wow, i like your figure painting , it's excellent, and nice weathering on the general diorama.
sorry i'm more of a WW2 guy myself but found this excellent
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 02:24 AM UTC
What a great diorama, nicely done.

The T-55A turned out well.

Cheers

Mike
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 06:39 PM UTC
Zbigniew,

@#&%*$'n awsome! Magnificent craftsmenship. Checked out the build log and can certainly appreciate all of the effort that you put into this kit. I backdated one of these ACE T-55's to a Vietnam era T-54B a couple of years ago. My hats off to you on such a well excecuted build and dio with those outstanding figures that really top off this one. Thanks for sharing your build log and for that very clever and most original flash news shot . . . just to cool.

-Eddy
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 08:09 PM UTC
Thanks a lot! I am happy that you guys like it!
ACE kits are not easy to built but I like them because:
a) they are. No other producer doing them in plastic
b) they are poor in details but correct in shape and dimensions: recently I compared new Trumpeter T-55 and I am a little bit disappointed....
c) they have open hatches

BTW: figures are from Orion set "modern russian federals". The tanker is re-worked: originally it was a minesweeper with dog. His head was replaced with one comes from preiser set "soviet tank crew WWII". However, his helmet was converted from WWII version into modern one.

Ruins of orthodox chapel were built based on Italleri set of "ruins". As you see: heavily re-worked. Sand bags are also from the same set.

Cheers!
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 04:19 PM UTC
This is just simply outstanding! This could easily compete with any 1/35 dio that I've seen recently!

Unfortunately, I have to second what you've said about ACE kits being rather dreadful to build. I've never given up on a kit before--but I did on an ACE kit recently. The soft, cheese-like plastic and awful detail just was too much to take.

You certainly have proven what a real "silk purse" can be made from the proverbial "pig's ear"!
pasdj002
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 07:24 AM UTC
Czesc Zbigniew, nice work on the T-72. The CNN shot is very good and creative.

Nice Diorama!
The paining and on the figures is good and very detailed. How did you create the sandbags?, they look very convincing.

Damian
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 07:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Czesc Zbigniew, nice work on the T-72. The CNN shot is very good and creative.

Nice Diorama!
The paining and on the figures is good and very detailed. How did you create the sandbags?, they look very convincing.

Damian

Czesc Damian,
Your name sounds Polish
The sandbags are simply from the same Italleri set. I just cut and removed some of them to get better fit with building. However, some people found them a bit artificial but I think they are not bad.

Thanks!
pasdj002
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 - 04:51 PM UTC
Czesc Zbigniew, indeed i am Polish. I was born in Australia, but i speak fluent Polish and can write abit.

Your build article is very informative

I must say that looking closer at the diorama the groundwork is amazing. The shrubs look very lifelike, some of the best i have seen in my 10+ years of model building.

Any ideas for your next project ?

Damian
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 12:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Czesc Zbigniew, indeed i am Polish. I was born in Australia, but i speak fluent Polish and can write abit. Damian

Nice!

Quoted Text

Your build article is very informative Damian

Thank you!

Quoted Text

I must say that looking closer at the diorama the groundwork is amazing. The shrubs look very lifelike, some of the best i have seen in my 10+ years of model building.Damian

Well, there is no secrets behind:
fresh grass made using stuff from POLAK (Czech company);
e.g. http://modelarski.sold.pl/popup_image.php?pID=3269
dried shrub made from the oakum, i.e. the material used to seal cast iron drain piping. It is an ultra-cheap solution I added some "branches" using a material from dried plant branches. The rock is made from a piece of a real stone

Any ideas for your next project ?

I am building a couple of T-34 post-war modifications. The most complicated one is an Egyptian T-34/SPG-100 used during Yom Kippur War in 1973:

As you see I started from MW (Military Wheels) set but it was so low quallity that I decided to bulid it using parts from Dragon and Revell sets. The Gun comes from ACE BS-3 set and the turret is made from Revell + scratch. The engine comes from Czech resin set.

I want to replicate a vehicle captured by Israeli soldiers during the tecnical maintenance

_GOTOTOP