Fujimi SdKfz 251/10
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 05:39 AM UTC
Greetings fellow modellers,

Here is one of my contributions to the recent Tracking Halfway:Halftracks campaign. This is the old 1/76 Fujimi SdKfz 251/10 platoon leader's halftrack. The kit has resided in my stash since the early nineties and my SWMBO was pleased to see it and an old ESCI SdKfz 250 completed and the boxes discarded.

This is only my fifth build since returning to the hobby and I am still relearning things. The build was pretty much out of the box with the exception of drilling out the drivers vision ports and gluing their covers in the open position. Main painting was done using Tamiya acrylics with some details enhanced with Model Master acrylics. Weathering was done using various Delta Ceramcoat artist acrylics and not a small amount of help in using them from my SWMBO.

Thanks for looking,
Jan
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 07:39 AM UTC
I like to see these 70s warhorses revisited. There's the odd seam that could do with attention, but nothing major.

Nice stuff- do you have the 222 armoured car?

David
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I like to see these 70s warhorses revisited. There's the odd seam that could do with attention, but nothing major.

David, where exactly (location) were you speaking of about seams. If it's about the back doors, the line there at the angle was moulded on the part. The doors are actually a single piece. From pictures that I looked at on the 'Net the upper/top hull plates appear to overlap the lower ones. What you may be seeing is my novice attempt to recreate the same.

Quoted Text

Nice stuff- do you have the 222 armoured car?

Yes, I have the 222 by Fujimi as well as their Tiger II, Sturm Tiger and a 251/1. I'd be too embarrassed to post them here as my skill level with an airbrush back then was a far cry from what these little kits deserved.

Appreciate the comments.

Cheers,
Jan
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 12:20 PM UTC
Very nice

I picked up a couple of these and some other Fujimi kits last week at a club sale for $5 each.

Cheers

Mike

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice

Thank you, Mike. I hope that it brought back some memories.

Quoted Text

I picked up a couple of these and some other Fujimi kits last week at a club sale for $5 each.

As I mention earlier, I have a few other of these kits. For their era they were quite something when compared to the early Airfix kits that were the staple in my area. I'm sure that you will enjoy building the kits you acquired. One warning, after all these years the decals might present a problem or two. The 251 kits ones took forever in water to soften and slide. Several of them actually all but disintegrated when I tried to slide them off. Thankfully the decal sheet was quite generous. Have fun with the kits.

Regards,
Jan
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 05:07 PM UTC
Jan

Cheers and thanks

I will have fun with them. I am more a Matchbox enthusiast

Mike
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 06:11 AM UTC
It wasn't my intention to revisit this post but current events made me think to share this with my fellow Braillers. The recent vignettes/dioramas in this forum and a recent build of mine got me to thinking about adding something to my projects. I've never done a vignette or anything similar so I tossed around the idea of it with my SWMBO (Annie). She's the family gardener, a talented decorative artist and a fellow camera nut. Without a word of warning she took it upon herself to create a diorama type setting with materials from the back yard and take a few experimental shots with the half track from this post.

Here's the results and IMHO they show some potential for the future. Comments on this first try are welcome.

Remember, this is a first attempt. Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP